Moving Pictures Logo (2 Viewers)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
With the upcoming release it would be nice to finally get ourselves some kind of logo for the project. Something to display in the about screen of the plugin. Maybe something to stamp our wiki with (whenever it finally launches). Basically we are looking for a general purpose logo that would be unique to Moving Pictures. Basically something that serves the same purpose for Moving Pictures as this logo serves for MediaPortal:

1195205721.jpg

So here is where you all come in. If any of you have any skills with graphic design, we would love to see anything you might be able to come up with. I really want to keep the requirements to a minimum since I don't want to limit creativity. Just keep in mind though that the plug-in is used by people all around the world so we want something that works without text and still feels unique.

I am not sure that we have much to offer as a prize, we are not even accepting donations right now, but we will definitely be crediting the creator of whichever logo we go with, you're name would be listed on the about page along with the developers and the test team. So anyway, get cracking! And thanks in advance to anyone who spends time on this!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I actually like the icon you showed in other thread, but would prefer a blue based circle for the filmstrip.

The only other thing can think of is the side of a car, reflected as a filmstrip, gives meaning to moving :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks. :p Okay well this is something I whipped up a month ago or so. I am not sure how crazy I am about it though, I think it is still a little lacking, maybe it could be tweaked though.

logo_small.png

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Since Moving Pictures and Media Portal use the same initials, what about using the MP logo and make it "moving" ? Simulater some speed.. add some wheels under it, or railroad tracks or... ???

I have not a single artistic fiber in my body, so forgive me the ugly example I am posting below... :p

Attachments

• MP.gif
      MP.gif
      5.1 KB

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My thoughts on the logo:

1) K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
    2) an abstract symbol/shape to represent the "picture" (camera, frame, .. ? )
    3) a minimal indication of movement applied to that symbol shape

Cadriel

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've had a crack at this.

The following is modelled off something I found online, but i've re-created it and tweaked it some. I quite like the idea of something simple and re-usable.

What do you think? I'm happy to tweak and take any suggestions the community might have.

[Added icon sets]
    These are now PNG's with transparency on the corners.

256x256:
    3043786879_8a46e3b8fe_o.png

128x128:
    3043786899_bc053124ef_o.png

64x64:
    3044624524_d58f8e722a_o.png

32x32:
    3044624544_a32eac443f_o.png

16x16:
    3043786939_3e76726724_o.png

[Green Variation]
    3042249484_c4d14363f3_o.jpg

--
    Craig.

zack84a

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007
    Quick go at it... Will see if I can come up with anything else later... Anyone feel free to play off mine.. Normally just an idea man.

Tine

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Kranj
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hy,

just idea from me, becouse i'm really not good at design.

Movie track (I hope that's how it's called) trannforming into some kind of digital media. Or maybe movie track coming out from computer.

If someone likes it please use it ;)

Reagrds, Tine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom