Moving Pictures movie importer does not find common movies (1 Viewer)

Dave99

December 21, 2008
Hi - thanks very much for all your hard work first with MediaPortal this fantastic Streamed MP skin! 95% of all features work great and am really pleased with this whole package!

Now the question about functionality - latest version of Streamed MP and Moving Pictures can't find most of my common movies. The movie importer doesn't offer any close match suggestions for 34 of 45 movies. Manually entering movie titles does not improve the filter's ability to match and grab data. Previous version of Streamed MP didn't present such difficulties (guessing v0.2.215 - downloaded December 7, 2008). Standard MediaPortal Video movie importer also finds most movies.

Movies are all mainstream titles. I renamed some movie files to exact movie titles without the usual date and CODEC suffixes. No improvement in close matching with Moving Pictures movie importer.

I re-installed Windows XP SP3 and this version of MediaPortal and Streamed MP twice with same results. Any suggestions to improve close-matching function? Or is this a bug? Any help would be really appreciated!

Dave.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well Streamed MP has nothing to do with moving pictures matching the films its all moving pictures
    What are some of the movies your having problems with???

And do you have the latest version of movingpictures

Dave99

December 21, 2008
    Hi Ryan,

my Streamed MP package is a complete install including the Moving Pictures plugin. Don't know if the Moving Pictures plugin changed recently or the skin somehow affects Moving Pictures' ability to find titles - that's why I posted here.

I'm using the current version of Streamed MP - v0.2.219. Don't know what version of Moving Pictures is bundled with current version of Streamed MP. I looked for the Moving Pictures version but couldn't find it. If you can tell me exactly where to find the Moving Pictures version then I'll post it ASAP.

As stated, the previous version of Streamed MP worked fine. Some movies the current version can't find include:
    The Dark Knight
    The Bank Job
    WALL-E
    Batman Begins
    Gone Baby Gone
    Hotel Rwanda
    Iron Man
    Office Space
    The Shawshank Redemption
    etc.

They're all very well known titles and my previous version found full details for all above including synopsis, actors, covers, and backgrounds.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information to help generate suggestions to fix this. In the meantime, I'll download the latest Moving Pictures plugin and retry per your comments.

Thanks!

Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom