Moving Pictures N00b Questions (1 Viewer)

Jeezy123

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
I am having a couple problems with moving pictures I am hoping somebody can help me with.

1) The backdrop doesn't seem to change when I flip through the movies in the Media Portal interface. The same backdrop for the first movie loaded in the list is in the background for every movies. Is there something in my configurations that is wrong?

2) When I choose the option to display movie information in Moving Pictures, it won't allow me to click anywhere with the mouse to play the movie. If I change the configuration to play movie without clicking, then I don't see the info, but can play the movie at a click. Is there anyway that I can have the info displayed AND be able to play the movie?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    What skin are you using?
    I think that detail screen should have a play button that you can click to play. At least xfactor has such.

Jeezy123

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010
    I'm just using the default for now. I wasn't going to change the skin until I got everything setup. Do you think thats whats causing the problem?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I am not sure, have not tested moving pictures with blue3wide.
    Will try to get some time on htpc later to test if someone else cannot confirm in the mean time.

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am having a couple problems with moving pictures I am hoping somebody can help me with.
    2) When I choose the option to display movie information in Moving Pictures, it won't allow me to click anywhere with the mouse to play the movie. If I change the configuration to play movie without clicking, then I don't see the info, but can play the movie at a click. Is there anyway that I can have the info displayed AND be able to play the movie?

There is not a play button in the movie detail. You can play it by pressing "OK" on the remote, or pressing "PLAY" in the topbar if you enable "show mouse controls" (or similar, don't remember) in Configuration/General.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I just confirmed as well that blue3wide does not have the play button that is available on xfactor.
    You can however enable the topbar plugin and start it from there with your mouse (play button on topbar menu).

Jeezy123

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010
    Thanks for the help.

Cybertex - I am using moving pictures. If a movie didn't have a backdrop, wouldn't it be blank in moving pictures? I'm just trying to figure out if its a configuration issue.

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes, it should be blank if no backdrops are found.. Don't think it's a config issue, it seems more some kind of bug to me..

Just to sort it out, give a look in the thumbs directory, the one in which backdrops are saved (don't remember which is, sorry).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom