Moving Pictures no longer recognises AVI and MKV files (1 Viewer)

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
MediaPortal Version:1.1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU Type: Intel
HDD: 3 TB
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
Video Card: Onboard Intel G45
Video Card Driver: 8.15.10.2104
Sound Card: Realtek Azalia Chip
Sound Card Driver: r2.49-6121
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2200 PCI-E
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
HTPC Case: Zalman HD160Plus
Cooling: Zalman
Power Supply: Zalman
Remote: Logitech Harmony 785
TV: Samsung 55" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI to HDMI/DVI

Hoping someone can help me with the issue I've started experiencing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moving Pictures no longer recognises AVI and MKV files when scanning my videos folder, VOB files are recognised without any issues. I think it all started when I recently updated to Moving Pictures 1.0.7.

When I scan the same folder using the default MediaPortal Videos Scan it recognises the files without any issues.

I've tried re-installing Moving Pictures to no avail and confirmed that both file types are present in the video extensions section , I also have Haali Media Splitter installed just in case that makes a difference.

I've attached a copy of my logs.

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
I've just installed Moving Pictures 1.0.8 with no joy, AVI and MKV files are not being picked up by Moving Pictures.

Anyone got any ideas where are can start troubleshooting this issue?

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
That's right. Newly added AVI and MKV files in D:/Videos are not being picked up by Moving Pictures.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Could be caused by a number of things:
  • Are your files locked? This could be caused by a pending file transfer in the directory. The file being opened by VLC or maybe being seeded via uTorrent.
  • Is the file extension in your list of valid video file extensions? Go into the MediaPortal Configuration (not the Moving Pictures Config!) and goto the Videos -> Video Extensions submenu. Make sure AVI and MKV are listed there.
  • Have you accidentally ignored these files? You can unignore everything from the gear icon above the importer.
  • Are you certain these movies did not already import? Maybe they were loaded as an incorrect movie?
  • Are the files listed in the importer and just not auto approved? Maybe you need to upgrade, IMDb recently changed their site requiring an updated script. Make sure you're running Moving Pictures 1.0.8.

It is also possible there is a bug in the importer but it really hasn't changed in a while. If you guys think none of the above possibilities additional logs may help. I am talking to you cln.

cln

Portal Member
March 28, 2008
Re : Moving Pictures no longer recognises AVI and MKV files

import doesn't work since 2 last update ( i think 1.0.7 & 1.0.8)
I have already try everything.
Now i'm forced to delete/add import folder in moving pictures config gui to import new videos.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Re : Moving Pictures no longer recognises AVI and MKV files

import doesn't work since 2 last update ( i think 1.0.7 & 1.0.8)
I have already try everything.
Now i'm forced to delete/add import folder in moving pictures config gui to import new videos.

Log files! Don't make me ask twice! ;)

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
I've confirmed that the file extensions are listed in MediaPortal config as the default MediaPortal Video database scan picks up newly added AVI and MKV files just Moving Pictures does not see new the files.

Moving Pictures is still picking up new VOB files just not AVI and MKI files, so it's still working to some degree.

Files are not locked out by another program.

AVI files that already existed in the Moving Pictures prior to 1.0.7 install are still displayed in Moving Pictures, it's just the importer is not recognising any new AVI or MKI files that I add to my D:\Video folder.

I've uploaded logs in my initial post, do I need to upload anything else that would help?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Well I looked at your logs Mr. D and didnt see anything in there that looked alarming. There were not only no errors but no logging messages that new files were found. This is why I suggested that maybe the files were already imported (possibly connected to the wrong movie?) above. Without any information in the log files though it makes things difficult.

Maybe I can reproduce the error though. Can you give me information about your files that are not importing? Exact file name and path would be ideal. Also are these files on a network drive or a local drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom