1.29.0 Moving Pictures not loading (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now I have a new issue.

I decided to completely uninstall MP and everything associated with it and start fresh.

Installed the basics just now (MP, Streamed skin, Trakt, IMDb+ plugin). When I now click on MP shortcut to start it up only the configurations window will start. The shortcut link is correct (ie it's not linking to the configuration).

Erm, what's going on?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In my opinion, you need to do the initial setup.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    First setup after installing from scratch. If there are errors, they are in the log file.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Possibly, but if you have a problem with Media Portal, not with the plugin, but with Media Portal, it's better to open a new topic in support and post the logs there. I watch this topic with one eye, sorely not enough time.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Instead of Moving-Pictures config shortcut, launch MediaPortal config > Plugins > Moving-Pictures. For all we know MovPic is a disabled plugin.

Once everything works, that is when you use MovPic config shortcut to change things quickly without having to go through all the other steps, but MAKE SURE nothing MediaPortal related is running or you will corrupt the SQLite database (or possibly mess up XML configs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player Settings. I think you need "Intelligent Zoom" or "Pan&Scan". But remember, in this case you loose video information on top and bottom. I would prefer black bars. You could also select "Stretch", if you want to...
    You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player...
    Hi Forumers, I've been happily running MP1 for quite a while and decided to give MP2 a try again. I've successfully installed MP2...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for posting that link. I also wonder if it could have been an issue with codecs, apparently Microsoft now don't supply HEVC /H265) codecs free of charge so some videos and BD disks will no longer play, not sure if they are actually remove them in a update of an existing system but maybe. It is possible to purchase them from...
    Thanks for posting that link. I also wonder if it could have been an issue with codecs, apparently Microsoft now don't supply HEVC...
    Hello everyone. For a couple of days, the Movies app in Windows 10 PC started freezing while playing movies. I am not able to fast...
    Replies
    Views
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example? Also, your hardware acceleration settings might be off with the change of hardware?
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example...
    After a recent issue with my HTPC I had to swap out motherboard and CPU. both were replaced like for like and the PC works fine...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Crash to Desktop DE
    I tried to read the logs : investigation seemed to show the fanart database as having trouble...so I have deleted that database ......it has allowed me to watch mptv and some movies for 45 minutes without a crash......
    I tried to read the logs : investigation seemed to show the fanart database as having trouble...so I have deleted that database...
    Hi I posted recently because my Mediaportal 1 setup was crashing when I played long music playlists but now the problem has become...
    Replies
    Views
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail. I'm quite sure, that the previous state was remembered before, can it be related to the fix? Additonally on first load the media details are hidden, though the option is not set in media view dialog. Once...
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail...
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom