Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
April 17, 2007
Home Country
@the_ult
A little bit down the line I will be adding a feature to allow you to enter unlisted movies. Really though this is intended for home movies and stuff that doesn't really fit on movie-xml.com.

that sounds interesting, I have a lot of sport video, footy games, rugby, cricket etc and would like to have it look as good as my movies and tv shows. as far as I know there isn't anything designed for sport.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i what folder must i put the files ?

EDIT:

OK, DLL in Plugin Folder (Windows Process), the other files in the Skin Folder (i hope)

is it possible to load automaticly german film description (OFDB)?

EDIT 2:

Bug? i become a error if i load a cover from internet!
Wow that is a new one...

Do you still have your log files? If you can post them, I might be able to track the issue down.

And also for what it's worth, in the upcoming release the config screen handles unexpected errors a little bit more gracefully.

As far as additional (foreign language) data sources go, they are coming, but all that is available right now is movie-xml.com. Sorry one feature at a time. I know there is a very large need for this though.

The reason why I would like to manually edit or add a movie, is that not every movie correctly handled. Even with these great regex expressions.
Well currently on the importer or in the movie manager in the config screen you can reassign a set of files to a new movie in movie-xml.com (you can search with a custom search string). As it is now though if it's not in there then the best you can do is tag it as some random unheard of movie and manually modify the fields to suit your needs. It's messy but it works. Like I said though manually adding custom or rare content, as well as IMDB support is coming.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have a problem, where if a movie does not have e Backdrop, the Cover-art will not be shown. This is in the default list view (with the list on the left). If I then press down (to go to the next movie) the details will change, and the cover for the first movie will be show for a short time (perhaps 0.5 sec) and then it will chage the cover to the second movie and show the backdrop correctly.
I think this happens on every movie I have, that does not currently have a backdrop.
Is this something that happens to others? I could try and take a screenshot of it and post some logs, if you just tell me what to post?
Or, if the new version is just around the corner, I'll wait for that and see if it has gotten fixed.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hrmm... Well with the generic skin that comes with 0.5.2, the cover art is not shown when there is no movie backdrop, because in this situation the cover is used as a partial backdrop. That is by design in the skin because the assumption is that almost all movies will have cover-art, but only some will have backdrops.

A new version of Moving Pictures (0.5.3) will be released very soon though (another 12-18 hours? I have a few things to wrap up and it's almost my bed-time). The new generic skin does not behave this way though, it always displays the cover-art on the list view. As far as the delay, I realize this is a problem. In a future version I am going to try to implement pre-loading for items back and forward in the list. This should improve performance. Hopefully in the next release after 0.5.3 I'll have this cleared up.

By the way I saw you've been uploading cover-art to movie-xml.com. Thanks a lot, it's really important the community support the site. Ive mentioned this in other threads, but all the artwork and meta-data that's auto-downloaded is provided by other fans and users of other plugins (and now.. this one). So thanks.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am using the newest Titanium release, which has its own skin Files, so this shouldn't be a problem with the generic skin.
Hrmm... Well with the generic skin that comes with 0.5.2, the cover art is not shown when there is no movie backdrop, because in this situation the cover is used as a partial backdrop. That is by design in the skin because the assumption is that almost all movies will have cover-art, but only some will have backdrops.
I may have explained badly. With the movies in question, there is no backdrop, nor is there a cover shown (both are missing). When I then switch to another movie, the backdrop stays blank, but the cover for the first movie is shown, in the place where the cover should be. After about half a second, it is replaced by the cover for the second film, and the backdrop for this film is loaded.

I will wait for that next release, and see if it's still a problem. If it is, I'll get you some pictures and logs. This could be a skin-issue with the TItanium skin, although I seem to remember it was also happening when I used the generic skin files.

I'll wait around patiently for the next release. Great job on this, already has made my movie-life so much better (and nicer to look at) :D

By the way I saw you've been uploading cover-art to movie-xml.com. Thanks a lot, it's really important the community support the site. Ive mentioned this in other threads, but all the artwork and meta-data that's auto-downloaded is provided by other fans and users of other plugins (and now.. this one). So thanks.
My pleasure. I had some movies that was missing Cover-art and backdrops, so I tried to do the best I could. The backdrops won't be the best, since my photoshop skills are not great at all, but I try to help out any way I can.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
I am using the newest Titanium release, which has its own skin Files, so this shouldn't be a problem with the generic skin.
I may have explained badly. With the movies in question, there is no backdrop, nor is there a cover shown (both are missing). When I then switch to another movie, the backdrop stays blank, but the cover for the first movie is shown, in the place where the cover should be. After about half a second, it is replaced by the cover for the second film, and the backdrop for this film is loaded.

I will wait for that next release, and see if it's still a problem. If it is, I'll get you some pictures and logs. This could be a skin-issue with the TItanium skin, although I seem to remember it was also happening when I used the generic skin files.

I'll wait around patiently for the next release. Great job on this, already has made my movie-life so much better (and nicer to look at) :D

My pleasure. I had some movies that was missing Cover-art and backdrops, so I tried to do the best I could. The backdrops won't be the best, since my photoshop skills are not great at all, but I try to help out any way I can.

I experienced what you are explaining in the released version .52. I have not has this happen in the next release version yet. Wait for this release and see if it occurs again. Also thanks for uploading covers and info to movie.xml as it helps everyone!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I am going to lock the original thread here to encourage the creation of new posts for issues, suggestions, etc. If you have general comments though, feel free to post in the 0.5.3 release thread. Yep, new release, public beta. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom