Moving Pictures "This skin does not support categories" 1.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Xface' started by juajar, January 14, 2010.

1. juajar

juajar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, everything on the skin worls perfectly except when I go into Moving Pictures 1.0.1.1001 wehree i get an error message that says "This Skin does not support categories". Im using ver 1.1.0_BETA-1_rev23491.

Thanks for your help

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Furetto

Furetto Moderator - Dutch Forums

Network Admin
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    That is because Xface was developed and finished before the recent changes in Moving Pictures. I don't think that Xface is still being updated to recent changes.

4. itm

itm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    I have the same problem. How do I select a different skin that doesn't have this problem??

5. Furetto

Furetto Moderator - Dutch Forums

Network Admin
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Aside from giving this annoying message, the lack of support for categories is not a real problem. You can perfectly stick to xface and use MovPics if you like both.

Harley, the creator of Xface, is currently very busy creating a new skin but promised an update somewhere in the future. Or someone might step up to do it themselves.

Most of the skins in the Popular skin sections do give support for Category view: Popular Skins - MediaPortal Forum

I have not tested all of them but I know for instance that Black Glass, StreamedMP and X-factor support it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!