Moving Pictures vs. Read-Only HFS HDD (1 Viewer)

JCsHands

Portal Member
May 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have just reinstalled MediaPortal and Moving Pictures on my new Windows 7 RC setup. I have not been able to install MacDrive on this Windows 7 setup, I have tried all sorts of things to get it to work but to no avail. Well now, thanks to the new Apple HFS drivers for Windows, I have read access to my HFS+ formated drives and plugins like MP-TVSeries work just fine but Moving Pictures never updates my listing of images.
I know that this worked before when I had read and write access to my HDD and I would really like to be able to get this working again.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that can be changed somewhere so that I can make Moving Pictures work with Read Only drives? I found this bit in the source code on line 836 that references read only drives and that they need to be skipped, but is this something that can be changed? Sorry if this is a bit scattered brain, but I have been working on this for too long now.:mad:

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
If you mean all the data files like artwork etc. the destination can be modified in the advanced settings. Pretty sure the DB location can be changed in there too. If that's not what you mean then you lost me sorry :)

JCsHands

Portal Member
May 16, 2009
Home Country
Sorry, I guess I lost you. What I mean is that all of my movies are on a hard drive using the HFS+ partition scheme. I have read only access to this drive and Moving Pictures wont index my movies because it is read only. I can add the hard drive to the list of locations to index, but nothing is ever indexed.
Thanks for bringing up the artwork destination, I will have to make sure that it is not pointing to that hard drive.

JCsHands

Portal Member
May 16, 2009
Home Country
I have attached the logs, The issue like I said is after I add my hard drive as a source the plugin fails to index the movies on that drive.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm facing the same problem, Moving Pictures 1.2.3 (MePo 1.2.1) doesn't find any movies on read-only HFS+ volume (Win7 + Apple bootcamp drivers for HFS). Any chance this could be fixed in future releases? Even advanced option toggle to enable read-only drives would be ok. I can attach logs if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom