Moving Pictures wont scan for new movies (1 Viewer)

jonelkins

March 3, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

I have a problem with Moving Pictures scanning new movies. When I first install it and add the location of my films directory, it scans everything OK. However, when I add new movies to the folder it just won't pick them up.

I've seen several posts on here referring to a 'forced' scan, but I'm not sure how to do this. I've also tried renaming files, moving them in and out of the folder - nothing seems to kick off the scan other than removing the films location and then adding it back in again.

I've checked the logs and, as the scan isn't even starting, they give no clues whatsoever.

I'm at my wits end - I don't really want to have to import all of my films everytime I add a new one, however that's the only way that will currently work.

Any clues would be a great help!

Many thanks...

Jon

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I too have had issues with this. I have had short spans where it works. Most of the time it doesn't.

I even have the timed scan set to 15 minutes, and THAT doesn't run.

The Moving Pictures importer background process must be crashing at some point. It's not needed for browsing or playing movies, so you never know it unless you add something.

In most cases you have to go into the plugin settings, to the importer tab, click on the gear icon, and click restart importer. Within 30 seconds you should see your new movie(s) show up.

Are your movies on a network share, or a local drive? Also, for the dev's sake, what versions of MP and Windows are you using?

EDIT: You will get more attention if you move / repost your question in the official MP sub-forum here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/moving-pictures.284/

jonelkins

March 3, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi TBacker

I've tried kicking off the importer manually on the config page, but that does nothing.

My files are all on a local drive, however I have also tried adding it as a network path (ie. \\jonspc\m\films) - both will scan initially, but that's it.

I'm currently running Windows 7, MediaPortal 1.2.2 - just seen that 1.2.3 will be out soon, so I might just wait for that and see if it's been resolved.

Thanks for your help...

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom