Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

Cadriel

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all,

I've taken a look at the issue list for 0.5.5 - and it appears most of the major requirements have been met for this release. Especially the requirement to fetch from other providers.

Considering a lot of us are waiting on the next release to start importing, is there any chance you can release a snapshot of what you've currently got in the SVN?

The reason I ask - is essentially my new build is ready to go, minus moving pictures. And I can't do a database import with the previous release obviously. :D

Anyway - if you're not keen on this, no worries. :)

If you are, fantastic (I'd love to start importing and using this this weekend..).

--
Craig.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry, for product quality reasons we officially do not support SVN versions. It makes bug tracking and issue resolution much much more difficult and it really just gets buggy code into the end user's hands. And worst of all it creates over the long term the perception of a buggy plug-in. If you really cant wait you can build the DLL yourself using free tools following this guide. I would recommend you wait for the official release though. :p If you do decide to build the DLL yourself, please understand you're on your own as far as bugs go.

Cadriel

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
That post isn't meant to be taken as impatience.

Merely a question given the major functionality of importing from other sources appears to be complete.

And as I said, if it's not doable - no worries.

--
Craig.

Thanks fforde.

That's great, I didn't realise I could access the source. My day job is a development role anyway, so a compile shouldn't be an issue. That'll definately get me up and running in the mean time before the next official release.

Thanks for your help.

--
Craig.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
What can I say, I wanted it as easy for other developers to help out as possible. :p If the hurdles to get up and running are lower then hopefully more developers will contribute, even if it's just a patch here and there.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I wish I could help, but for me C# are just a letter and a symbol put together. The last time I coded something... it was 1989 and I was using Turbo Pascal 3.0 ... MSDOS, not Windows. The world has moved since then :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I wish I could help, but for me C# are just a letter and a symbol put together. The last time I coded something... it was 1989 and I was using Turbo Pascal 3.0 ... MSDOS, not Windows. The world has moved since then :)

You'd be surprised how little has changed. You got reflection and generics now a days, other than that. Meh, a lot of the same. I did turbo Pascal too, that's was (is?) an object oriented language. so you should be fine. ;)

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hahaha.... 19 years are a lot of years, I barely remember anything. But I think the Turbo Pascal I learned was not object oriented, if I don't recall bad that was introduced a bit after I quit programming (or at least learning how to program).

Anyway as I said before, there's still something I can do, so if you need any Spanish translations count on me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom