Moving the status/time remaining bar (1 Viewer)

QuaiBoy

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone. Thanks very much for developing and allowing us the chance to use such amazing software. I've found the product to be more developed and complete than several retail software apps I've used that were developed by multi-billion dollar corps. It's truly worth hundreds of dollars and the easily the best PVR application available for Windows (I've tried them all).

I'm running the latest version, blue2 skin. I'm looking to move the time remaining bar from the top of the screen to the bottom (Tivo style). Is this possible?

Thanks again,
-Evan

Edit: PS, I was wondering if there's a way to map the "ESC" key (or move one window back) to a remote button inside of MP. I can't seem to find it. Thanks again.

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
The timeline bar is defined in the skin itself. There's no setting in config for the location. I assume that it can be edited in the skin itself, but haven't tried skinning myself. If I had to guess, I would start in the mytvfullscreen.xml, in this section:
Code:
    <control>
      <description>TV Progress Bar</description>
      <type>tvprogress</type>
      <id>100</id>
      <posX>98</posX>
      <posY>30</posY>
      <width>402</width>
      <height>20</height>
      <toptexture>osd_progress_indicator.png</toptexture>
      <TextureOffsetY>22</TextureOffsetY>
      <bottomtexture>-</bottomtexture>
      <texturetick>-</texturetick>
      <lefttexture>-</lefttexture>
      <midtexture>-</midtexture>
      <righttexture>-</righttexture>
      <logotexture>-</logotexture>
      <fillbackgroundtexture>-</fillbackgroundtexture>
      <fillbgxoff>10</fillbgxoff>
      <fillbgyoff>10</fillbgyoff>
      <filltexture1>osd_progress_mid_red.png</filltexture1>
      <filltexture2>osd_progress_mid.png</filltexture2>
      <filltexture3>osd_progress_mid_orange.png</filltexture3>
      <fillheight>20</fillheight>
      <label>#TV.Record.percent1</label>
      <label1>#TV.Record.percent2</label1>
      <label2>#TV.Record.percent3</label2>
      <startlabel />
      <endlabel />
      <toplabel />
      <font>font13</font>
      <textcolor>FF000000</textcolor>
    </control>

Just a guess, so don't blame me if it doesn't work! (Backup the original file before editing.) Bear in mind that if you move the timeline to the bottom of the screen, you'll probably have to move other stuff (osd) so it doesn't overlap.

For mapping the escape key - what remote do you have? Surely it already has a button label "back/exit" or something similar??? We'll start with that answer from you before getting into the details.

QuaiBoy

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Hi, and thanks for the reply.
I figured there wasn't a setting somewhere in the GUI for the bar position, and I don't mind editing files directly. So I edited the one field of the mytvFullScreen.xml file you suggested (I'm using b2wide) and it didn't change the bar position. It looks like every field in the file will have to have the 'ypos' field changed to move the entire bar and the other images inside of it down the page. Is this correct? If so, I will just add the same value offset to each field ('27' would become '657', '40' to '670' etc.). I figure a 630px increase would be about right as I have a 1280x720 display.

On the remote side... it's an ATI Remote Wonder Plus and I very much dislike it. I'll be getting something else in the near future. I bought it before I'd chosen a PVR suite and it doesn't map well (IMO) to the MP options, and it stops working all of the time. Of course, this is a problem with the layout of the remote, not MP. No more X10 products for me.
I am using the ATI/X10 settings from inside MP Configuration to control the remote. I'm just not sure which action/process/window command (if any) is the same as the "ESC" key on the keyboard - which does exactly what I want the button to do. The rest of my system specs are on the side if you need more info.

Thanks again for your help.

-Evan

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
For the remote question, I'll defer to someone else who may have the same remote. I use a Hauppauge remote, whic hworks out of the box with MP.

If you do buy a new remote, a standard MCE remote is the easiest option.

For the bar position, again, I am not a skinner. So I am guessing. But you probably won't adjust ALL the offsets in the file. Just the offset in the snippet above. I suggest these lines look like likely candidates:

Code:
    <control>
      <description>TV Progress Bar</description>
      <type>tvprogress</type>
      <id>100</id>
      <posX>180</posX>
      [COLOR="Red"]<posY>27</posY>[/COLOR]
      <width>862</width>
      <height>14</height>
      <toptexture>osd_progress_indicator.png</toptexture>
      [COLOR="Red"]<TextureOffsetY>29</TextureOffsetY>[/COLOR]
      <bottomtexture>-</bottomtexture>
      <texturetick>-</texturetick>
      <lefttexture>-</lefttexture>
      <midtexture>-</midtexture>
      <righttexture>-</righttexture>
      <logotexture>-</logotexture>
      <fillbackgroundtexture>-</fillbackgroundtexture>
      <fillbgxoff>18</fillbgxoff>
      [COLOR="Red"]<fillbgyoff>13</fillbgyoff>[/COLOR]
      <filltexture1>osd_progress_mid_red.png</filltexture1>
      <filltexture2>osd_progress_mid.png</filltexture2>
      <filltexture3>osd_progress_mid_orange.png</filltexture3>
      <fillheight>26</fillheight>
      <label>#TV.Record.percent1</label>
      <label1>#TV.Record.percent2</label1>
      <label2>#TV.Record.percent3</label2>
      <startlabel />
      <endlabel />
      <toplabel />
      <font>font13</font>
      <textcolor>FF000000</textcolor>
    </control>

Any experienced skinners care to help out here? My stabs in the dark may not be particular helpful, even if they ARE educational. :p

Someday I need to learn to skin.

Milhouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom