MovingPictures gets confused with "An Inconvenient Truth" (1 Viewer)

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been having issues importing the movie "An Inconvenient Truth", for some reason, even though the file is in the watched folder, Moving Pictures never picks it up.

I looked at the logs and to my dismay, found this:

Code:
04-Sep-2008 22:07:52  Info [       MovieImporter]: FileSystemWatcher flagged An Inconvenient Truth for removal. 
04-Sep-2008 22:07:52  Warn [       MovieImporter]: FileSystemWatcher tried to delete a file not in our system.

Thankfully, all my movies are on a linux box, properly secured via ACLs. My HTPC user that connects to the box only has read access.

Maybe MovingPictures has something against Al Gore? :D

Needless to say, I can't get this movie imported.

EDIT:
Watched folder: M:\Movies
Folder for the movie: M:\Movies\An Inconvenient Truth\An Inconvenient Truth.avi

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That is a misleading warning message. By delete it means remove the movie from the Moving Pictures database. The plug-in will NEVER touch a physical file. I will change that message for the next release so no one else gets a scare.

What that warning is trying to say is that there was a file in your watch folder that Moving Pictures expected to be in the database, but was not actually there. That message is triggered when you moved the file out of the watch folder. The plug-in got the message that the file was either moved or deleted, so it tried to remove the corresponding records from the database. To the plug-in's dismay, there were no records, hence the warning. That is a situation that should never happen, but still it means something ain't right, so it writes a warning to the log.

If you can post your full logs though instead of just a clip, I could perhaps help you. I'd also appreciate it if you changed the title of the thread, that's incredibly misleading, admittedly because of a bad warning message, but I don't want people to get the wrong idea. :(

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok, I changed the title.

I have another bug to report.

Most of my movies are named like so: "Four Brothers (1of2).avi" and "Four Brothers (2of2).avi"

In 0.5.3, these were detected as the same movie, however, in 0.5.4, it's finding all these files are "new" and separating them into two separate movies, very big UGH.

Anyway to fix, I'll have to revert to 0.5.3 if not.

I'll send you the logs in a PM.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for changing the title. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal, but the plug-in is so new, and I am really trying hard to build the user base.

As far as the non-grouping of those movies, yes, there was a change that caused that, it went in in 0.5.3 though so you would have to revert to 0.5.2 to get the auto matching again. Basically before, if two file names were off by only one character, they were automatically grouped. This caused problems in several situations, the most apparent being when you had something like "spiderman 2.avi" and "spiderman 3.avi". So we beefed up the grouping logic a little bit, requiring the files be tagged with something like cd1/cd2, disk1/2, etc. In the next release we will add (1of2) type formating as well. Sorry the change negatively affected you. :( As of right now though there is not much that can be done.

If you have so many ungrouped files that it's non-trivial to manually group them in the config, I would suggest rolling back to 0.5.2, running the importer, then dropping the new DLL in again (either 0.5.3 or 0.5.4). 0.5.3 introduced a lot of bug fixes and I wouldn't recommend 0.5.2 for regular use.

EDIT: Here is the issue to get the new pattern added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom