MovingPictures won't play any movie (1 Viewer)

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey together,
after my last clean installation i have a big problem within Moving Pictures. I used Moving Pictures 0.7.5. After installing it and importing my movies i think everything is fine. The movies are displayed well in Mediaportal. But if i click on each of them, no movie will start.
I remember that in my last installation after clicking on the movie i have to click again "start/play movie" so that it really starts.
I'm using filmstrip view. So in my eyes it has to be like this: 1. the whole list of my movies, 2. click on one movie -> the details appear, 3. click another time -> the movie starts. But now i don't get the choice to select if i want to start the movie. After clicking the second time mediaportal freezes.

my system: MP 1.0.2
skin: x-factor R247

Can you help me? Do you need other things to know?

regards chris

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
thanks for your reply. in the attachment is my log. i hope so much that you can help me. really don´t what the mistake is.

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
No one an idea? Yesterday i made a fresh installation of moving pictures again, but the same issue. Now the only thing i can do is to wait for the 1.1.0 release at the end of august and do it again. Only if no one have a solution or a tip. ;-)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Based on your log files it looks like the video files are being passed to MediaPortal for playback. This may be an issue with your video codecs. Do the same files play properly in MyVideos? What about in Windows Media Player?

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've not tested it in MyVideos, but with all other players like Power DVD, VLC, Total Media, etc it's no problem to look the movies. I#ve set all of my codecs to the ones of PowerDVD, so do you think this might be the problem? I will change it this midday and let you know if there's a change.

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
In the attachment you can fid my settings. Do you mean this screen and codecs?

Attachments

• Aufzeichnen.JPG
    Aufzeichnen.JPG
    95.4 KB
  • Aufzeichnen2.JPG
    Aufzeichnen2.JPG
    72.6 KB

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
just a few minutes ago i made a new installation with MP 1.1.0 Beta 1. I hope that these phenomens would not happen again, but also after the complete re-installation of Mediaportal (yes, i cleaned up my cache) there error is still there. This time i did not change the codecs.
Please help me. :) it could not be, that i can't start any movie with moving pictures. :(

edit: now i have installed the actual saf release correctly with the codecs changes etc. No changes for my problem. :( So i can negate, that there is a problem with my codec settings.

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey mark,
i've tested it just in this moment, but in my videos i have the same issue. mediaportal freezes. :( what's going on there? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom