MP 0.2.3.0 RC1 (configuration) can’t run in 64bit Vista (1 Viewer)

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    TV-Server Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: Rev???
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-Wide
    Windows Version: Vista Home 64bit
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2 4200+ 65W
    HDD: Samsung SpinPoint P80SD SATAII
    Memory: 2 x G.Skill DDRII 1GB PC800
    Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
    Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP
    Motherboard Bios: Asus BIOS3
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GF6600 TOP PCI-E 256MB Silencer
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: ADI 1988 8-channel HD (onboard)
    Sound Card AC3: Coaxial S/PDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Club3D ZapTV 860mini (USB)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: TechnoTrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital 'Family' (on 1°W)
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500 AM2
    Power Supply: Seasonic S12-430 - 430Watt
    Remote: IMON
    TV: Sharp 32JF-74E (32" CRT)
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I have just installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (Danish) on my HTPC – but alas MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 can’t run… :(

To be specific it seems to be the ‘configuration’ that can’t be executed properly – Vista halts with a message saying that the program (configuration) has stopped working! – and as it seems that I have to run the configuration once, before I can start MP it self, I’m in a deadlock!
    (I have tried the ‘clean’ 0.2.3.0 RC1, and several SVN’s)

– I did a quick test with MP v. 0.2.2.0, and I was able to start both configuration and MP itself! :confused:

The logs attached are from the ‘clean’ 0.2.3.0 RC1 install! (The files might have been 'affected' when I tested with v.0.2.2.0)

Any Ideas?

/MadDuke

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The logs you have attached it's from MP 0.2.2.0 (2007-06-28 22:44:44.868929 [Info.][3]: Version: Application 0.2.2.0) & not from a MP 0.2.3.0 installation.

In a fresh installation on vista the logs should be found in User\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log

regards
    Roy

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Erhmm ok ;-) :sorry:

Here are 'the real' logs ('clean' 0.2.3.0)

I really hope you can figure something out!

/MadDuke

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I rembered that I had read that it might help to close down thee process 'ehtray.exe' - and sure enough, now MP and MP-config was able to start (both 'clean' 0.2.3.0 and the newst SVN!)

But after a reboot the 'ehtray.exe' process is running again - and preventing MP-confing OR MP itself from being startet!

Can this be fixed - or is it me who shoukd 'fix Vista' by making a start-command, closing down the process (or perhaps a service I can disable!)

/MadDuke

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Althoug I the other day wrote that I was able to start MP & MP-config when stopping 'ehtray.exe', I still wonder if the nice developers are working on 'fixing' this - or is it a permanent thing?

/MadDuke

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i do not have the 64bit version of Vista (not sure if any of our Team Members does).

all i know is that the majority of applications still has issues when running on WinXP64, Vista x86 and especialy Vista64bit.

in Vista 64bit the biggest "problem" are the drivers. i do not know why so much applications do not work with that OS (including most of current PC Games too :confused: )

I fear that as long as none of our Developers gets a PC with Vista 64bit, this issue can not be investigated further. :(

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sadly I have only 'kindergarden' experience with programming (and mainly Java), so I can only offer little help personally!

But, what are the odds that some of the developers would look more closely at ‘the Vista 64bit’ problems if one of them indeed had a legit 64bit Vista?

I’m thinking that some of us (desperate) 64bit Vista users should club together so one of the nice developers could get the OS! (would OEM suffice? – then about 100€ should do!)

I there is any ‘support’ from the team as well as other users for this idea, I’m willing to put 50€ in the ‘tin’.

/MadDuke

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But, what are the odds that some of the developers would look more closely at ‘the Vista 64bit’ problems if one of them indeed had a legit 64bit Vista?

I’m thinking that some of us (desperate) 64bit Vista users should club together so one of the nice developers could get the OS! (would OEM suffice? – then about 100€ should do!)
    dont forget that the developer also needs a CPU wich features 64bit......
    that might become the "bigger" problem. :(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I have tested 64 bit vista & had to drop it because my "compatible" computer wasn't that @ end, no drivers & lots of trouble with software, so normal vista was installed instead. As i was told drivers etc will not be out for x64 before vista sp1 it's out(& that can take time :p ), so thats how it stands here......

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom