MP 1.0.2 - MS MCE Remote - Windows 7. Many buttons not working (1 Viewer)

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 x86 RTM
    CPU Type: Intel E4500 @ 2,2Ghz
    HDD: Samsung 501LJ
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2 @800Mhz
    Motherboard: Asus P5Q EM
    Video Card: Onboard Intel x4500
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 8
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8
    HTPC Case: Antec NSK1480
    Cooling: Arctic
    Power Supply: Antec 350w 80+
    Remote: MS MCE + MCE Keys
    TV: Asus VW246 24"
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

As I am off course fully aware that Windows 7 isnt supported for MP/TVS 1.02 I am presently using this configuration on this workstation as a client for TV server.
    I havent had any problems making it run here besides having to install DirextX mar09 manually before running deploy tool.
    Everything runs to my knowledge exactly as supposed.
    At the time of installing this setup I did try the 1.1.0 beta but, I suppose, as to be expected that wasnt able to connect to the server running 1.02.
    The MCE remote worked fine out of the box with 1.1.0 beta MP client.

Have also tried a separate test isingle seat nstall with compelte 1.1.0 beta kit. Seems to be coming along just fine but in terms of WAF factor not quite ready to go live permanently on the main setup.

So...
    Now Im in process of setting up another machine for the daughter of the house and will of course prefer having this machine (specs listed above) installed with Windows 7 as well.
    But as title mentions actually only very few buttons on the MCE remote works in the W7+MCE remote+MP 1.0.2 combination.

Couldnt help myself trying the long shot of replacing the RemotePlugins.dll 1.0.2<->.1.1.0.... Yeah I know.... :)
    That wasnt my finest moment since nor the config or MP itself was able to start :)

Still fully aware the combination isnt supported but has anyone got any ideas for making this work.
    Would be saddening having to use Vista on the machine untill 1.1.0 is ready for prime time since 7 is in many ways what Vista should have been.

Would be very thankfull for some suggestions saving me from installing Vista untill 1.1.0 is ready.

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    OK so noone seems to have suggestions for a fix.

Did some work with it and due to inspiration on another thread got the idea to enable General HID in remote section of config which did give me function with a few more buttons.
    Especially the "Back" button was nice to see working.

Still very interested in suggestions (evt for working with general HID) to get more buttons working.

jasonmorriso

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The way I've been getting it to work is to use Eventghost and the Message Plugin.

The reason I like this is that my HTPC is not dedicated to only MediaPortal, and Eventghost allows me to pass the commands from the remote to MP regardless of which window has focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom