MP 1.1.3 Cam limit not respected (2 Viewers)

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 32-Bit
CPU Type: AMD Phenom II X4 810
HDD: 2 * 750 GB Hitachi
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
Video Card: Onboard ATI HD4200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.2
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: KNC One TV-Station DVB-S2 + CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 2.1.1130
2. TV Card: KNC One TV-Station DVB-S2 + CI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 2.1.1130
3. TV Card: TBS 6981 Dual DVB-S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S
3. TV Card Driver: 2.0.0.14
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: K-Lite Pack
MPEG2 Audio Codec: K-Lite Pack
h.264 Video Codec: Coreavc 2.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 + Hotbird 13.0
HTPC Case: Antec Remote Fusion Max
Cooling: Zipang 2
Power Supply: Seasonic S12
Remote: Antec - Veris RM200
TV: Sony KDL-40S5500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,
after spending several days on this forum without finding a solution, I need your help.
When I record an encrypted channel on tv-Card 1 and I zap to an encrypted channel which is on the same transponder, my record is broken. On the TV-Server config screen, I can see that my record session goes from "scrambled no" to "scrambled yes". When I try to look my record, he is broken at the moment when the timeshift on the secand channel is started.
I set the cam limit for both KNC Cards to 1, so nomaly the server should take the second card for timeshifting, but he doesnt.
I tried this screnario with 1.1.0 RC2, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. Its always the same behavior.
Any ideas?

Thanks

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think it is best to wait for 1.2.0. There have been a lot of improvements in this area.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP 1.1.3 Cam limit not respected

Django.edwards
    i've also a problem which is not exactly the same but it coul be related. Sadly this is also not solved with MP 1.2.0 SVN. But there is a workaround if your cards support pause mode. For me the pause mode solved my problem but sadly this mode isn't supported by my DD cards. So now mdapi works fine but tuning to a channel doesn't work in all scenarios. In my case sometimes the wrong mdapi filter get's a stop signal when another channel stops.

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I already tried the same scenario with 1.2 alpha. Same results. I also tried the different option "pause card" and "stop card". This doesnt change anything. I hope that this behavior will be resolved in 1.2 beta. Because without this, I can't use mp as I would.

Are there any svn already out, so that I could check if it works with these version?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It would be quite interesting to have an pre-svn to test this functionality.

So if anybody has already an build with this fix in, I could test it.

Thanks for your reply.

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    recently replaced my old tv-cards with on digital devices cine s2 v.5.5 + CI (with Mascom Cryptoworks CAM)... i applied the patch from morpheus_xx to make it work in 1.1.3 version... i have cam limit set to 1 one both tuners... now i do the following:

i have pay-tv (orf) and therefore have mapped the ci to both tuners of the dd-card... now i do the following in setuptv under manual control:
    1. tune to ORF1 HD (encrypted channel) ... tuner 1, tunes the channel and it gets un-encrypted by the ci (tvserver states scrambled=no)
    2. tune to ATV (encrypted channel on other transponder than orf1hd) .. tuner 2, tunes channel, gets un-encrypted by the ci (tvserver states scrambled=no)
    3. tune to ORF2 HD (encrypted channel on same transponder with ORF1 HD) ... tuner 1 tunes channel and gets un-encryped by the ci (tvserver stated scrambled=no) BUT exactly after this, the scrambled status of the channel ORF1 HD changes from NO to YES

and this is exactly the problem, the cam limit of 1 should not allow the last step or it should at least give an error...

so i can confirm the bug with the cam limit...

logs of the described workflow are attached...

any help is welcome

Attachments

• tvserver_log_orf1hd_atv_orf2hd_error.zip
      11.8 KB

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi krikkit,

yep, thats the same problem I have to. :( Meanwhile I tested this behavior with MP 1.2.0 svn 27819 and the problem is still there. Bad news I know. I hope that some of the developers will find a solution for this. Because with this problem it is impossible to record some channels and to look another one. You can never know if your recording is broken because of this problem.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi krikkit,

yep, thats the same problem I have to. :( Meanwhile I tested this behavior with MP 1.2.0 svn 27819 and the problem is still there. Bad news I know. I hope that some of the developers will find a solution for this. Because with this problem it is impossible to record some channels and to look another one. You can never know if your recording is broken because of this problem.

Could you post your logs with 1.2.0? This should really be solved.

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    don't have access to a current svn build and also only remote access to my tvserver... but perhaps next week i find some time to test this with a new 1.2.0 beta build...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom