[no Bug] MP 1.2.0 beta crashes on open (intermittent) (1 Viewer)

pbathuk

Portal Member
December 3, 2010
Chester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Frames
Windows Version: Window 7 32bit
CPU Type: 2.9 Core Duo
HDD: 320GB
Memory: 3GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-EP41-UD3L
Video Card: 1GB Gigabyte GT 430 OC
Video Card Driver: 270.61 Nvidia Drivers
Sound Card: Through Video Card (HDMI)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 270.61 Nvidia Drivers
1. TV Card: BGT3595
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-S2 / Dual DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: BGT3595 Driver 8.1.0
2. TV Card: Tevii DVB-S2 USB Box (S660)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver: Tevii Driver.20110515
3. TV Card: Tevii DVB-S2 USB Box (S660)
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver: Tevii Driver.20110515
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DTD Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV-DTD Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft Zune H.264 Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: FreeSat & FreeView
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Micro-ATX Case 350W
Cooling: Fan
Power Supply: 350W built into case
Remote: Gyration Media Center Remote
TV: Panasonic 42inch
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI Via Denon 2309 AV Receiver

I have been using MP 1.2 beta since it's launch and having been having the same issue since installing.
Whenever I load the MP Client on the odd occasion I get a windows crash report popup and advise that it needs to close the program, if I ignore the message I can still use MP 1.2 and have not seen any problems from within the program. Once I close MP the message is still there and pressing close obviously does nothing but gets rid of the message.

I have attached my logs for you to have a look through and see what the issue may be.

I have a few plugins installed and have tried disabling these one by one and I still get the error. I thought it may be linked to my music but can't see any reason for this.

Hope someone can help :)

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Phil

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

It looks as though the critical part is

Code:
    2011-05-28 17:05:46.451700 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=PhilBath-HTPC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

This would suggest that MediaPortal cannot connect to the TV server.

Is this a single seat or multiseat install? I see from this that the password in gentle.config is not the default one. Did you just install MySQL to use with MediaPortal, or did you already have it installed for another reason?

Earlier in your logs there is another error:

Code:
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.229830 [Info.][(9)]: Exception   :System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2..ctor(IDictionary`2 dictionary, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
       at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.RemoveFoldersFromCache(String dir)
       at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.fileSystemWatcher_Error(Object sender, ErrorEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnError(ErrorEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.235830 [Info.][(9)]: Exception   :Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.239830 [Info.][(9)]:   site      :Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.245831 [Info.][(9)]:   source    :mscorlib
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.248831 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TVHome: HeartBeat Transmitter started.
    2011-05-28 17:05:31.262832 [Info.][(9)]:   stacktrace:   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2..ctor(IDictionary`2 dictionary, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
       at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.RemoveFoldersFromCache(String dir)
       at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.fileSystemWatcher_Error(Object sender, ErrorEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnError(ErrorEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

and you have a massive amount of logging for things like

Code:
    2011-05-28 17:05:44.739602 [Debug][FileExistsCache Thread(7)]: AddWatcher \\philbath-pc\music\muse\neutron star collision [love is forever]
    2011-05-28 17:05:44.742603 [Debug][FileExistsCache Thread(7)]: FileExistsCacheThread: no more items to cache, suspending thread.: 1
    2011-05-28 17:05:44.837608 [Debug][FileExistsCache Thread(7)]: FileExistsCacheThread: new items found waiting for caching: 1
    2011-05-28 17:05:44.840608 [Debug][FileExistsCache Thread(7)]: InsertFilesIntoCacheAsynch: pre-scanning dir : \\philbath-pc\music\various\random
    2011-05-28 17:05:44.848609 [Debug][FileExistsCache Thread(7)]: AddWatcher \\philbath-pc\music\various\random

I would try turning off the 'file existence cache' feature (I assume you have it enabled) and see if this helps.

Mark

pbathuk

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Chester
    Home Country
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into this for me.
    It is a single Seat install, although I have set it up so that other clients can connect to this one (at some point would like to have MP on another PC).
    I have made two changes one is entering the fixed IP address rather than the Computer name in MP client config (not sure if that makes a huge diff or not) and also turned off the file existence cache feature.

MySQL was installed initially for MP 1.1.2 and has been on ever since. I have upgraded to 1.2.0 from 1.1.3 (if that changes anything)
    Having looked at the gentle.config the password held is the same as the default one.

I will see if the error happens again (2 restarts and 6 loads today since the changes noted above and no error) and then will post back.

Cheers

Phil

pbathuk

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Chester
    Home Country
    Hi Mark,

After another few days testing I can safely say that the crash has not come back.

Many Thanks

Phil

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have set this thread to "no bug". If you should find a reliable way to reproduce the issue, please let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom