MP 1.2.1 w/Avalon crashing randomly when idle (1 Viewer)

randomman

Portal Member
September 30, 2011
Home Country
Hi all,

It was crashing sporadically before, but I found the cause - InfoService, and updated it and it hasn't crashed sporadically since. It is however now crashing maybe once a day and only so far when it's idle (I leave the MP PC on as it's a DL box and server). The following are the logs of the most recent, I cannot find anything that rings a bell to me in it:

Code:
2011-10-14 09:57:53.328087 [ERROR][(15)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2011-10-14 09:57:53.474095 [ERROR][(15)]: Exception   :System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This node is read-only. It cannot be modified.
   at System.Xml.XmlNode.GetEventArgs(XmlNode node, XmlNode oldParent, XmlNode newParent, String oldValue, String newValue, XmlNodeChangedAction action)
   at System.Xml.XmlNamedNodeMap.RemoveNodeAt(Int32 i)
   at System.Xml.XmlNamedNodeMap.ReplaceNodeAt(Int32 i, XmlNode node)
   at System.Xml.XmlNamedNodeMap.SetNamedItem(XmlNode node)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocumentType(SchemaInfo schInfo, XmlDocumentType dtNode)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocumentTypeNode()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at WeatherConnector.Weather.UpdateWeatherData()
   at InfoService.Weather.WeatherService.UpdateWeatherData(String locationId)
   at InfoService.BackgroundWorkers.WeatherWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
2011-10-14 09:57:53.482096 [ERROR][(15)]: Exception   :An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.
2011-10-14 09:57:53.493096 [ERROR][(15)]:   site      :Void RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
2011-10-14 09:57:53.501097 [ERROR][(15)]:   source    :System
2011-10-14 09:57:53.518098 [ERROR][(15)]:   stacktrace:   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT: I did notice InfoService mentioned in the logs but was unsure of the relation. However, XMLloader is something to do with InfoService isn't it?

randomman

Portal Member
September 30, 2011
Home Country
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I was originally getting heaps of crashes (per minute kinda thing) and found out it was InfoService 1.6.5 causing and so I updated to 1.6.6. But now I get far less crashes and not the same type - doesn't cause a "mediaportal has stopped responding" window.

There's nothing in the InfoService forum about 1.6.6 causing any issues that I can see. :(

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Which city have you chosen in the Weather-section of MP (if any)?

Looks like it's the weather-update that caused the trouble.

randomman

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I've got the weather set to Perth, Australia.

I'll try and grab logs soon, the girlfriend just got home and if I do it now she'll get shitty. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom