MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working (3 Viewers)

Hazza06

Portal Member
February 14, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi Folks,
I've been using MP 1.20 for some time now, all was working well, except for dynamic refresh rate control would sometimes fail to change the refresh rate.

I see a DRR control fix in 1.21 so decided to upgrade, the upgrade went without any error or exception, and seems to be working, but now the volume OSD is absent, when using the 1039 RC6 MCE remote or MCE keyboard volume controls. Controlling the volume works, just the volume OSD is absent.

The other volume OSD by using the - = shortcut keys still appears on screen.

My remote control config is the recommended HID handler classic profile.

All other 1039 RC6 MCE remote controls are working, just the volume OSD absent.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe related :

I think it could be. I did a lot of testing with the various combinations of OSD options under the MP Config/General/Volume Settings. To avoid the loss of audio problem on resume from sleep I have to have the "Hide Windows OSD" unchecked which should mean I get that OSD when I change the volume, it certainly was displayed during my testing. Later on, however, while using my HTPC normally I noticed it wasn't appearing, double checked and the setting was unchecked.
    After reading the OP I did some more tests and basically, with my setup and Win 10 :- Starting with the Windows Volume OSD displaying, If I check the "Hide Windows OSD" and restart MP 1.21 then that OSD is not displayed as you would expect, if I then uncheck it and restart MP the OSD is still not displayed:eek: and will not reappear again until Windows is rebooted! So it seems the turn off OSD is can be actioned with an MP restart but a reboot is needed to turn it back on.:oops:

All other 1039 RC6 MCE remote controls are working, just the volume OSD absent.

Not sure if that is the OPs problem but if you have not already done so uncheck "Hide Windows OSD" and reboot Windows and then restart MP 1.21

Last edited:

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure if that is the OPs problem but if you have not already done so uncheck "Hide Windows OSD" and reboot Windows and then restart MP 1.21

I've always had the 'Hide Windows OSD' unchecked in 1.20 and this option successfully kept unchanged in upgrade from 1.20 to 1.21

Haven't yet tried a system restart, but will soon.

UPDATE: a system restart made no difference, still no volume OSD when using volume control on 1039 MCE remote or MCE keyboard

Any other ideas ?

Anyone else using MP 1.21 Final with the 1039 MCE remote, and volume OSD working ?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone else using MP 1.21 Final with the 1039 MCE remote, and volume OSD working ?

I did not spot your update till today, sorry can't help with the 1039 MCE Remote but just a thought, if you also enable the MP volume OSD (tick "Show Volume OSD) do you see either or both?

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did not spot your update till today, sorry can't help with the 1039 MCE Remote but just a thought, if you also enable the MP volume OSD (tick "Show Volume OSD) do you see either or both?

The MP "Show Volume OSD" has always been enabled in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final AND

The 'Hide Windows OSD' has always been unchecked in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final

Please read my OP, in MP 1.20 both volume OSD worked. yes there are 2 x volume OSD, one volume OSD for MCE remote and MCE keyboard volume, and a separate volume OSD for shortcut keys -= . Both volume OSD worked perfectly, and both changed volume perfectly.

In MP 1.21 Final only the shortcut keys -= volume OSD works, when using MCE remote and MCE keyboard volume buttons, the volume change works, the volume OSD is absent.

Any other suggestions?

It looks like a MP 1.21 Final regression / bug to me.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The MP "Show Volume OSD" has always been enabled in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final AND

The 'Hide Windows OSD' has always been unchecked in both MP 1.20 and MP 1.21 Final

Just checked (on Win 10) using the volume up/down keys on the keyboard and both volume OSDs were displayed, as expected with those settings (I don't have/use an MCE remote, so can't check that).

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just checked (on Win 10) using the volume up/down keys on the keyboard and both volume OSDs were displayed (I don't have/use an MCE remote, so can't check that).

i have Win 7 x64, not windows 10

both volume OSD's worked in MP 1.20 in Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework Full; client and server 4.6.0

only keyboard shortcut keys -= volume OSD works in MP 1.21 in Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework Full; client and server 4.6.0, other volume button OSD is absent

-> using HID classic for remote profile in MP 1.20 and MP 1.21

Last edited:

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I know
    is this likely to be fixed in either patch or next MP release for windows 7 ?

I also tried on another PC running windows 10 with MP1.21 Final, and the remote volume OSD appears little different to how MP1.20 worked, i see in MP1.21 with windows 10, the one larger horizontal volume OSD is now used for both remote / keyboard volume buttons and using shortcut -= keys. As pictured below;

MP_1.21_W10_MCE_remote_volume_OSD.png

MP 1.20 where there were 2 distinct different volume OSD, one small vertical OSD for remote / keyboard volume buttons, and the other larger horizontal OSD using shortcut -= keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom