[no Bug] MP 1.6 crash when playing music with winamp vitualization plugin playing (1 Viewer)

mantec

Portal Member
January 25, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mediaportal 1.6 crash with winamp virtualization plugin playing. This happen at the end of a song just as it going to play the next song. Also I have music set to go to now playing screen when song starts but this is not working, must select now playing from the menu.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello mantec

Thanks for the report. :)
    Please can you reproduce the problems with the watchdog:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Normally I wouldn't be so fussy, however we need to see the crash report in the Windows application event log. Your zip files don't include that information. The watchdog makes it quick and easy to reproduce problems and grabs all the relevant information. We'd appreciate it if you could use it going forward. :)

Thanks,
    mm

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mediaportal 1.6 crash with winamp virtualization plugin playing. This happen at the end of a song just as it going to play the next song. Also I have music set to go to now playing screen when song starts but this is not working, must select now playing from the menu.

Hi,

I see too that you have error with WifiRemote plugins, I have build a test version there :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-0-7-1-2012-29-11.96251/page-32#post-1043178
    But like mm said, try watchdog log :)

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello mantec

Thanks for the report. :)
    Please can you reproduce the problems with the watchdog:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Normally I wouldn't be so fussy, however we need to see the crash report in the Windows application event log. Your zip files don't include that information. The watchdog makes it quick and easy to reproduce problems and grabs all the relevant information. We'd appreciate it if you could use it going forward. :)

Thanks,
    mm
    Ran the watchdog like you said and could not reproduce the problem. This still happens in both titan extended and streamed mp skin. I've attached the zip file from debug mode, but don't know if it will be any help to you sense the problem could not be reproduced in debug mode.

B

BassFan

Mediaportal 1.6 crash with winamp virtualization plugin playing. This happen at the end of a song just as it going to play the next song.
    That is right and known (my hand)
    And may crash if the F7/F8 button used to play the previous/next title.
    The error has been fixed.
    The change is unfortunately only available with the 1.6 final.

greets

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Ran the watchdog like you said and could not reproduce the problem.
    I take it you used option 1 (plugins disabled)? If so, that points to a plugin problem.
    Can you reproduce with option 2?

I enable watchdog in the MP config under general setting and start MP with the default wide skin and was able to reproduce the problem. The watchdog log zip is attached, hope this helps.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @mantec try to update your wifiremote plugins, i think i have see a lot of failure because of it lol.
    Or try to remove it for the test too :)

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    @mantec try to update your wifiremote plugins, i think i have see a lot of failure because of it lol.
    Or try to remove it for the test too :)

Deleted Wifiremote plugin and everything is working ok, problem solved. Thanks guys for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom