MP 1.6, live tv, loosing audio when changing channel (1 Viewer)

beamland

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Hi there

Powering on my HTPC and starting to watch live tv on whatever channel I choose works fine. I get video and audio as expected. But after a channel change... no more audio, only video. Only workaround is to stop live tv and restart it again. Quite annoying thing.

My HTPC is connected to a Denon AVR via HDMI cable. Playing music via MP works without problems, changing music titles, albums, etc. no problem with sound. Exiting MP and watch some youtube videos via browser... audio and video is fine.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to solve it?

Beamland

TV-Server Version: 1.6.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.6.0
MediaPortal Skin: Mustalayuca
Windows Version: Win 7 HomePremium 64bit
CPU Type: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 7560D
HDD: 2 x 2 TB WD HDD
Memory: 8GB
Motherboard
: Gigabyte FM2 USB 3
Video Card
: AMD Radeon HD 7560D
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 12.8
Sound Card
: integrated on board (realtek)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: digital devices cineCT (dual DVB-C tuner)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 2.4.0.60
2. TV Card: digital devices cineCT (dual DVB-C tuner)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 2.4.0.60
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:

TV Codecs:
MPEG2 Video Codec: LAV Video Decoder
H.264 Video Codec: LAV Video Decoder
MPEG / AC3 audio: LAV Audio Decoder
LATM AAC audio: LAV Audio Decoder
DD+ audio: LAV Audio Decoder
Audio renderer: Media Portal - Audio Renderer

Other:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: sasag (Switzerland)
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic VT20
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

beamland

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Hello mm

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I tried to find a solution myself and played around with settings in MP (settings -> tv -> audio device) and changed it to "Denon AVR". Great, this seems to solve the problem. Since then, no audio is lost after channel changes. Strange: when putting the setting back to its original value (Mediaportal - Audio Renderer) audio still continues to work correctly, even when stopping live tv, restarting it or even quitting MP and restarting MP. So I'm sorry to tell you, but now I can't reproduce it. I will keep an eye on it and come back with a log if it reappears.

Thanks anyway!
Beamland

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks beamland :)

...and played around with settings in MP (settings -> tv -> audio device) and changed it to "Denon AVR". Great, this seems to solve the problem. Since then, no audio is lost after channel changes. Strange: when putting the setting back to its original value (Mediaportal - Audio Renderer) audio still continues to work correctly, even when stopping live tv, restarting it or even quitting MP and restarting MP.
    Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that MP was using. In other words, it might have shown MP Audio Renderer when you first loaded configuration... but that doesn't mean MP was using the MP Audio Renderer before that time. Only logs could have told what MP was using.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread