MP 1 with latest SVN is crashing on startup (1 Viewer)

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version: 1 with latest SVN
MediaPortal Version: 1 with latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: 3.06 GHz
HDD:
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 500 MCE
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Shaw
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote 2 (The newer one)
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I tried using the latest version of Media Portal 1 with the latest SVN in a single seat install using TV Server, got everything setup with the TV Server and after setting everything up in the MP config upon exiting I got the Windows had to shut down MP Config Unexpectedly... message. Went back into the config and everything was still configured, exited again and got the same message. I Tried MP anyways and I got the same message but about Media Portal. I noticed that Media Portal still loaded in the back ground and everything seemed to work but the Error popup was over the MP window and clicking close on it shuts down MP. Here are the logs.

Any Ideas?

tontsa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is this a self built SVN or RC1+SVN? Atleast over here similar configuration works without a hitch and your error kinda points to situation where you are missing some files.. maybe you just installed SVN without the RC1 as base.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    'MediaPortal.Util.RegistryTools' from assembly 'Core, Version=0.9.1.31035, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

That's an added class in MP SVN. This clearly indicates that you're NOT using MP's latest SVN but a TV-Server SVN build - which is a strict no-go.

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Maybe I am not as smart as I think I am. This is my first time trying to setup TV Server in a Single Seat setup. Here is what I was doing perhaps you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

1. Deleted my MP 0.2.3.0

2. Installed MP 1.0 RC1 and MSSQL found here:

SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

3. Downloaded (what I thought to be the latest SVN but perhaps I am installing the wrong file or doing it wrong):

http://builds.team-mediaportal.com/...ediaportal-svn-04-25-2008--22-38-Rev18951.rar

This package has two files in it. Which one should I install if any?
    The TV-Server_weekly-snapshot.exe when run does an uninstall and then offers two choices to install, Mediaportal and Mediaportal TVServer. This is where I am obviously going wrong.

MediaPortal_weekly-snapshot.exe
    TV-Server_weekly-snapshot.exe

As I said at the start I am trying to set it up in a Single Seat system with both the server and Mediaportal on the same PC.

Thanks again for help and sorry for my ignorance. This is a great piece of software that I am extremely grateful for.

Jeffrey

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    MediaPortal_weekly-snapshot.exe goes in first then TV-Server_weekly-snapshot.exe as last one, so just install MediaPortal first then TV-Server & all should be fine again ;)

Regards
    Roy

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks that was it. I deleted everything and started over. This time it worked so not sure what I accidentally clicked the first time around.

Great installer by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom