[solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music (1 Viewer)

Edwardfc

Portal Member
March 21, 2014
Gillingham, Dorset
Home Country
England England
I am trying to configure MP2: 2.2.1 correctly. I am a long time user of MP1 and am trying to change over to MP2. With MP1 I never had any sleep issues, but over the past two years I have attempted to install MP2, as it continues to mature, but I come back to the same issue: frustratingly I cannot configure MP2 sleep. On TV-server I set up Power Scheduler to work with Windows Sleep and set the Power Scheduler to force sleep (S3 state).

On using MP2 to watch TV there is no problem, but when playing Audio the HTPC sleeps at 5 mins (scheduled time), instead of continuing to play audio to completion. Finish watching/recording TV and the appropriate sleep response kicks in.

What am I missing? Would appreciate help, please.

EdwardFC

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-06-10-16.55.51.zip
    545.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On TV-server I set up Power Scheduler to work with Windows Sleep and set the Power Scheduler to force sleep (S3 state).
    This is the mistake. In MP2 sleep is handled exclusively by Windows. The fact that you allow TVServer to control MP2 leads to the fact that your system is forced into standby if no TV is used.

So the solution is pretty simple: deactivate the TVServer sleep entries.

EDIT: The only reason of PS for being is to wake up the system for recordings. Other than that it is not required!

Last edited:

Edwardfc

Portal Member
    March 21, 2014
    Gillingham, Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the prompt replies. I take it then (sorry to be so thick-headed) that PS is used as a plugin, but untick Power Scheduler in Advance tab - and also the Windows option above it? Would appreciate your clarification (I seem to have tried so many options :).
    I appreciate the help
    EdwardFC

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Leave the PS activated, however, within PS deactivate everything except the wake-up option of the scheduler.

Edwardfc

Portal Member
    March 21, 2014
    Gillingham, Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Many thanks - that works. Also had to cut out Windows Settings/Power Options/Video/Turn Off Display After... to 'never' !!

This issue, that you have now resolved for me, just demonstrates that one can get stuck in Mediaportal 1 ways of thinking!

Great support, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom