MP Audio Renderer crashes Online Videos (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,
    My MP1 ver 1.15 system is on it's knees and I have spent the past few months trying to get a new Media Portal system up and running with Online Videos
    This has gone on so long I am no longer getting any support in the general forum and I am on my own and floundering as I do not have the technical expertise required to undertake fault finding in MP
    After repeated re-installs of Windows O.S and MP1 and MP2 I have discovered that MP2 is not useable on my system
    I am now on MP1 1.16 and Online Videos 2.3.10 is installed
    Unfortunately the system has been crashing every time I try to run a video and I have discovered by trial and error that this is caused by MP Audio Renderer
    I can get the system running Online Videos by using the Default Direct Sound Device instead of MP Audio Renderer
    However I notice some syncing problems with TV so I wonder if there is some sort of configuration for MP Audio Renderer that solves this?
    I hope someone can give me advice that may save some time on this
    Regards
    TW

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP AR should work OK with videos played in Online Videos (it used to for me) so I would think you have something screwed up in is settings. However for other reasons I also do not use MP AR (at all) at present and my AV Sync settings for the LAV audio renderer are as shown in the screenshot, these work well for me. Please note that if you are using MP AR for anything else please make sure you have deselected its setting for AV Sync. In fact given that MP AR is not recommended for use with the "TV Codecs" I think AV Sync settings sjhould only ever be enabled at the LAV level.
    Hope that helps
    lavaudio.jpg

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi joecrow
    Thank you for your reply
    I was focussed on MP renderer as I was advised on the forum some time ago to always use MP renderer thats why I was querying the problem
    Trial and error brought me to post the enquiry because I thought using the Direct Sound Device was not recommended
    I save and enjoy loads of music videos and this is where I get the effect of the syncing running the video faster than it should be, (Why I posted I was having problems with TV I do not know, please excuse me)
    I will change my codecs and get ridof the MP renderer and play around with the LAV settings
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated
    TW

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joecrow
    Thank you for your reply
    I was focussed on MP renderer as I was advised on the forum some time ago to always use MP renderer thats why I was querying the problem
    Trial and error brought me to post the enquiry because I thought using the Direct Sound Device was not recommended
    TW
    Hi technoweary
    Don't get me wrong the MP AR is the recommended renderer for everything except TV and normally works very well but in my case I ran into a problem with it when using the Skype plugin, the connection to the audio device (my AVR) was lost but worked fine when I set it for the Direct Sound device. I do need to investigate that further but have not got round to it just yet;) and I have not seen any negative effects of not using MP AR.:)
    Give it a try and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom