MP audio stutters with new monitor (1 Viewer)

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XPMCE
CPU Type: Sempron
Memory: 512 Mb
Video Card: GeForce 5600
1. TV Card: Winfast DTV1000T
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia
TV: Samsung 226BW
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I have been using my HTPC software (Media Portal) for ages hooked up to a TV with no probs. I just recently bought a nice widescreen Samsung 226BW (1600 x 1050) for my setup. Now when I watch TV the audio stutters after a few seconds. This only happens in Live TV, not in movies or in music. I think the video card is having trouble keeping up. I don't get this issue with any other PVR software (MCE, GB-PVR, SageTV). Is there anything I can do without buying a new video card or downgrading the resolution to fix this? I have been using MCE while I try to sort this outand I really want to get back to MP!

dekkers

Portal Pro
December 2, 2006
Maasdijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Please provide more information.

Delete your logfiles, and start over watching tv. Then post your logfiles with more decent information like used codecs/drivers/etc. Also i see your not using 0.2.3.0 RC1, maybe it's an idea to use 0.2.3.0RC1 + latest SVN. There are many bugs fixed since 0.2.2.0 is released.

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Here is the log with 0.2.30 RC1 with the latest stable SVN installed. I am still getting the audio stuttering.

dekkers

Portal Pro
December 2, 2006
Maasdijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Code:
2007-08-27 19:00:17.156250 [Info.][MPMain]: added filter:NVIDIA Video Decoder to graph
2007-08-27 19:00:17.328125 [Info.][MPMain]: added filter:NVIDIA Audio Decoder to graph

Did you try watching tv with the MPV/MPA codecs? It could be the Nvidia codec wich is causing the stutters.
Please try the MPV/MPA and see if it stutters with these codecs.

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Try disabling DXVA (hardware acc.) in PureVideo settings.

Yes this works, however my CPU gets maxed out (of course) and the picture quality is degraded compared with hardware acc. on. Does anyone know the reason why the audio stutter only happens with MP and not MCE etc.?

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Try disabling DXVA (hardware acc.) in PureVideo settings.

So I have been using MP with the dscaler video and ffdshow audio codecs and DXVA disabled and it has been working ok, but I still get the occasional video & audio stutter and I can't really run any other programs while MP is running since it is basically maxing out the cpu. As such I would like to find a solution where I can use MP and the PureVideo codec with DXVA enabled. Any suggestions?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tried to find a solution to this myself. Have now given up.

I'll see if I can find my post with my findings. Perhaps you can pick up where I stopped? (Read: Gave up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom