MP buffers MCE remote-control signals while external player is up and processes them (1 Viewer)

mklement

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Note:
- I find it hard to imagine no one else has had this problem, but my search of this site didn't turn up anything; I wonder if I'm overlooking something obvious; forgive me if I am.
- I'm using 1.1.0 RC1 (I just reinstalled 1.0.2 to see if the problem exists there, but, unfortunately, I couldn't get the MCE remote to work there at all.)

I use MP with an MCE remote control (the one that came with the ASRock ION 330HT HTPC), which works fine most of the time.

However, when VLC - which I use an external player - is active, MP seems to be buffering the MCE remote-control signals (in addition to their being processed by VLC indirectly, via EventGhost), and then, once VLC exits, MP unexpectedly reprocesses all those signals, resulting in unexpected behavior.

For instance, when I start a video and press PLAY twice during playback, MP will restart the video twice once I exit VLC (because it processes the two PLAY signals as if they had been sent to MP instead).

This buffered reprocessing only seems to occur with MCE remote-control signals, not key presses.

Is this problem related to the fact that MP processes MCE remote-control signals even when it is not the focused application (which is what Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center do as well)? Can this behavior be changed in general, so that MP only reacts to MCE remote-control signals while it has the focus?

Any help would be appreciated.

guardianbs

Portal Member
October 23, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: MP buffers MCE remote-control signals while external player is up and processes t

Very old post - but no responses. I have a similar problem. How do you stop Mediaportal responding to MCE remote commands when it does not have focus ?

derdabeeboop

Portal Member
December 31, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Sorry to bump such an old post, but I am having this issue as well and wonder if anyone has found a workaround?
Is there maybe some way to have MP be minimized or hidden when an external player is launched? That might prevent the remote from controlling it at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom