MP channel list not showing all the channels (1 Viewer)

mmacleod

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
LONDON
Area: xmltv
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: MPeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: AV8 (VIA K8T800P-8237)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE (b)
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23258 (WHQL)
Video Card Model: Radeon 9600 Series (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.18.0.0
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I have run through the xmltv set up guide, configured it and downloaded my program info. When I go into MP setup/tvchannels and try the import from tv guide button I either get an exception error, or it 'claims' to have imported 249 channels and 8000 odd programs but I only get channels from T onwards. Any channels begining with a letter before 't' are not listed. I have re-installed several times, and have gone through re-downloading the program info several times. I am only trying to get a channellist backup so I can use the webEPG. In the meantime Im back to using a portable TV so any help would be appreciated...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mmcleod

use WEBEPG to configure its a lot easier to pick up from your tuned and are keeping channel list (who does watch parliament) and the same goes for channel logos do a search on forum lot easier than xmltv.

Rayuk 8)

mmacleod

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    LONDON
    Now Im confused...

If I read the documentation right I need to use xmltv initially to get my 1st channel list to import into WebEPG.
    Is this the case?
    I am planning to use webEPG, but how can I import a channel list into the program without running xmltv first.

mmacleod

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    LONDON
    chicken or the egg??

Is it possible to set up WebEPG without running xmltv first? In the guide it states that you need to import channel list, but although I have run xmltv I have not been able to import all the channels into MP successfully. As stated before I only get the channels listed from the letter 't' onwards. Any channels beginning with A-S do not appear in my media portal channel list.
    Can someone please help me diagnose what is going wrong before I go mad?
    Please help with any suggestions...

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom