Ongoing MP Client/extender (1 Viewer)

johnbxl1140

October 7, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I've been looking around the net to find detailed differences between XP and XPembedded version.
I was wondering if maybe XP embedded might be lighter and have less useless services running.
As this is suppose to be just a front end to the TV Server, All I really need is for a simple OS with MP client.

Now, having already looked about the forums, I seem to understand that the timeshifting is cached locally on the client and not on the server. Could someone please confirm this as this will need to be taken into consideration for the build.

I'm really excited to be working on this, and thank you again to the wonderful people contributing and building these apps. :D

nachttier

Portal Pro
March 31, 2006
Viernheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

actually you can choose where to store the timeshift files and the recordings. Both paths can be selected in the TV server configuration utility. But usually you would choose a local drive on the server to avoid unnecessary network traffic.
Why don't you try out MP before building a dedicated HTPC or even a whole multi-seat setup? You might learn more things that might be important for your build.

Regards,
nachttier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom