MP Client on EEE Box fails to restart after resume following standby (1 Viewer)

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all,
    I’m still trying to get my MP Client running successfully, and I’m nearly there I think!

I have my main TV Server/MP Client PC running happily on its own (MP1.0.2 on XP SP3). I’ve configured an MP Client (MP1.0.2 on XP SP3) on an Asus EEE Box B206 with an HDMI connection to a 23” BENQ G2412HD Monitor. LAN connection is over an 802n network with a connection speed of about 130MB.

The MP Client runs fine with both SD and (surprisingly!) HD TV and videos.

However, when I power off the EEEbox into standby, and then resume it I get a blank screen. Ctrl+Alt+Del gets the task monitor which says MP is running, and MP key sounds are heard, but no display. When I end the MP task, MP immediately restarts normally and works. My guess (and I don’t know what I’m talking about:D) is that when the PC goes into standby it doesn’t close down MP correctly – like it’s sticking for some reason.

Attached are the logs taken after the “End Task” of MP, and again after MP has automatically restarted (which I couldn’t stop it doing).

I hope someone out there in the brains trust can help me!

Cheers
    ...Steve

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi VidarParry!

I also use the EeeBox B206. For me all works perfect. Standby is no problem. MP resume quick after standby on Basic Home. So i guess there's a problem with your MP setup.

PC goes into standby it doesn’t close down MP correctly
    (Do you mean shutdown MP before standby?? I'm not sure) I don't have to close/shutdown MP before standby. I switch the standby button whatever is active in the moment. If I stop any media before standby, the box resume quicker, but without stopping any media it also works.

Did you enable "resume to last active module" in MP config (i think you find the option in the general config of MP / I'm not sure busy at work in the moment). If so, plz disable the option and try it again. I'm pretty sure this won't work with a Wlan Connection.

Maybe you try it with a direct cable connection to be sure, your problem is not related to the WLan connection.

Cu

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Naich,

This problem occurs on cabled LAN as well, so I agree it is probably nothing to do with WLAN.

I have the "restart MP on resume" option set, so I assume that the system must shutdown MP at some point (not sure whether that occurs on standby or resume of the PC, but I'm thinking thats where the problem may be).

I don't have "resume to last active module" set, but have tried it with that on and the problem still remains.

Glad you've got an EEE Box B206 working - gives me hope:))

Cheers
    ...Steve

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

have the "restart MP on resume" option set
    Plz test without this option. For what reason you enabled this option? I don't see one.

Later at home I'll test a standby by enabled this option. Maybe we'll figure out the problem.

Glad you've got an EEE Box B206 working - gives me hope:))

... works like a charm ... I'm pretty sure it's only a small mistake in your setup.

cu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom