MP Client on PPC (1 Viewer)

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Hi there,
for a long time i´m having the dream to use my pocket pc (ipaq) as mp client for streamed audio/video.
if i understand the new tv-server engine and some postings, it should be possible to use my ipaq as mini tv or walkman over wlan connected to the new mp server using rtsp? could this happen to work?
as for now, i didn´t install the beta tv-server because of the WAF @ home ;-)
googeling around i didn´t find a ppc client that can use rtsp streams, but the guys form vlc-player seem to develop a pocket client atm!

many, many thanks to all of you great developers of the very best media center solution out there!

and thanks for your answers!
LX

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
thank you for your hint, i know about mpblue, tried and had a list of songs.. not very sophisticating.
in my post i tried to ask if there will be the functionaltiy of using rtsp (realtime streaming protocol) to use some other clients.
of course it will be very cool having mpblue for remote controlling mp on the ppc (which is the core feature if i understood right, not streaming tv client, isn´t it?:
------------------original statement from download area:
Newest release, only tested with MediaPortal 0.2.0.4

MPBlue allows you to use your PocketPC as a bi-directional remote for MediaPortal. currently it only supports music.
--------------------------------------------------------------).

EDIT: i apologize myself for not having read the wiki before. i will try testing the functionality using vlc client with rtsp, found in the wiki for the tvengine 3 testprocedure.
with mpblue this could be a first "solution" for ppc owners looking tv on their pocket ;-)
many thanx to you all. LX

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
intermediate report:

after a weekend (!) of setting up 0.2.0, the latest svn, tvengine server and client i´m having an almost stable system which is not going to s3 automatically ;-( yet and no epg functioning (why isn´t there any chance to import channel settings and webepg config from "before" - the very good 0.2.1 release??) i tried vnc on my notebook without success. unfortunately vnc isn´t running on my ppc at all!

so a summary after all: nothing better with tve3 on the surface for "users".
but i don´t want to give it up: i thought i´ve read about windows firewalling here. next steps will be: trying without windows firewall vnc client to show tv on the notebook and then finding a ppc client to show streams in rtsp (someone havin success with any ppc client??).

ys, LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom