[Configuration] MP Config: .NET-Errors (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E8200
    HDD: WD 5000AACS 500GB
    Memory: 4 GB (2 GB Ramdisk)
    Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wifi
    Video Card: MSI NX-8500-GT
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.8585
    Sound Card: Soundmax HD Audio (ADI 1988B onboard)
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial
    Sound Card Driver: 1.6310
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle DualSAT 4000i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.1.1.0
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 2.122.26109.0
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.9.5
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M VFD (0x3601)
    Cooling: Scythe Ninja mini
    Power Supply: Seasonic SS12-380
    Remote: Harmony 555
    TV: Panasonic TH50 PZ80
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

Yesterday I thought that I would give MP 1.1 Beta a try. Before uninstalling the older MP setup I saved all settings using the latest Backup plugin version. Installation of the beta version performed nicely Iincluding SQL 5) so I reinstalled the backup plugin to get my channels and groups back.

While everything was fine at the TVServer side, I had issues with the MP configuration. Calling the configuration led to a .Net error window with reference to some issues with the Daemon. I ignored the error and the configuration window came up as usual. However, upon pressing OK I received again a .Net error window, this time making reference to some issues for Music saving.

As this is a productive system I could not spend much time (with W and kids nagging on me) to better understand the issue but had to restore the previous version on the spot. Therefore I apologize that I cannot add screenshots of the error messages.

The latest .Net versions (3.5) with all updates are installed. MP 1.0.2 runs nicely. Has anybody come across this phenomenon upon testing MP 1.1?

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I see this sometimes on my HTPC, too. Do you have "Microsoft Live Sync" (formerly known as Windows Live FolderShare) installed? From my experience I only get this error msg when Live Sync is NOT running. Once I start it, the configuration program loads just fine. I decided this problem was caused by my messed up setup and so I didn't investigate this further...

Maschine

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Maschine,
    I see this sometimes on my HTPC, too. Do you have "Microsoft Live Sync" (formerly known as Windows Live FolderShare) installed? From my experience I only get this error msg when Live Sync is NOT running. Once I start it, the configuration program loads just fine. I decided this problem was caused by my messed up setup and so I didn't investigate this further...
    No, I don't use this service. Actually, I am having some difficulty to make the connection to the .NET software. Again, there is absolutely no problem with the previous version, which is running fine under the very same .NET environment.

Thanks, HTPC_Sourcer

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I commited a fix for this yesterday. There was a bug in the configuration program. The changed files will be available in the next SVN snapshot. Please test it once it's available and report back.

Thanks
    Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom