MP convert... quick question (1 Viewer)

JKeats

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
currently i'm using ReplayTV. i'm in the process of building a HTPC instead. i'm just wondering two things:

obviously you can pause live tv with MP... but how does recording actually work? for example, on my ReplayTV unit, as soon as i change to a chan, the unit begins recording. this allows me to rewind if i missed something along the way. i'm assuming MP does this as well, but thought i'd better check.

also, how is MP for folks like me who are habitual chan surfers. the ReplayTV is actually pretty slow in this regard... so i'm not looking for instant chan changes, but i'm wondering how well MP deals with frequent chan changes and the response time for chan changes.

thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    JKeats

Different people seem to get a different reaction from MP regarding channel changes, using my dvb-t card 1-2 seconds is normal.
    But if a weak signal is detected can be as much as 4-5 seconds.

In answer to your first question as soon as your on a different channel MP dumps the previous timeshift file and creates a new one which if you start watching and then part way through, decide you want to record, it will record from point of entering that channel or the beginning of that program whichever is later point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom