MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 640GB WD SATA
Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB3
Video Card: HD3300 IGP
Video Card Driver: 10.10
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC662)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6194
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshowDXVA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, Stock CPU HSF
Power Supply: OCZ StealthStream 400W
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

My router was playing up last night so I turned it off before I went to bed. When I booted my HTPC today, without turning on the router, MP crashed and there seem to be some errors in the logs relating to failure to access online resources, which I don't think should crash MP.

I should mention my NIC has a Static IP address assigned and I'm also using the loopback adapter method suggested to eliminate problems in single-seat installations.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The errors logged here are in third party plugins

Code:
    at InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted
    for which I think you were given the link to a fix in another thread

Code:
    HTPC Info: Frequency Performance Counter Initialization Error. (Error Code: System.InvalidOperationException: Category does not exist.
    So need to raise this with the HTPC info plugin developer

There is a weird response to an audioscrobbler request, for some reason your router seems to have intercepted the request (I am assuming your router is
    Code:
    Thomson TG585 v7 Language:
    this is very odd behaviour for a router but this should not have crashed MP (although if it did there is a fix since 1.2 alpha which would help here already)

The last thing in mediaportal.log is the Infoservice error so I am guessing that is what crashed MP

Nothing I can see about LAN not being available

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks, it seems there is/was a bug with InfoService, so I'll probably disable that plugin for now to determine whether or not it's the cause of all my problems.

As for the audioscrobbler request, I don't know what time that was so I couldn't say whether that was when the router was off or not.

It seems strange that there's nothing in the logs about the LAN/router being unavailable, unless this is due to my implementation of the loopback adapter as recommended in another thread.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    As for the audioscrobbler request, I don't know what time that was so I couldn't say whether that was when the router was off or not.
    I am fairly sure the router would have been on but what should happen if no network connection is available is that the connection should timeout not be redirected to a router page (this could cause all sorts of issues) and I have never seen a router do that before

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Wierd then. FYI the router is indeed the Thompson 585v7 running Be firmware v8.2.7.7

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am fairly sure the router would have been on but what should happen if no network connection is available is that the connection should timeout not be redirected to a router page (this could cause all sorts of issues) and I have never seen a router do that before
    Some Thomson routers have that "feature" (and I think you can't even turn it off). When connection is down they respond to every http request with a standard page that says the connection is down. I really hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom