[confirm] MP crashes after stop playback (1 Viewer)

LKA

Portal Member
February 26, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi their,

after upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 I have a repeatable crash of MP if I stop a playback of an episode in MP-TV. Parallel to upgrade I have updated all modified extensions this week. I don`t know where I can find root cause for this issue.

Regards LKA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @jameson_uk
    Last thing in the log files is related to the Allmusic scraper. Could the issues that you're aware of with the scraper cause a crash?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it's sooner to be caused by PS++, since the bug report i just checked, had the same errors in the logs:
    Code:
    [2013-08-25 01:06:11,235] [Error  ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings

Besides that, there's a lot more errors in the logs.
    And a bunch of Service errors in the system log also:
    Code:
    Der Dienst hwinterfacex64" wurde aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet:  %%577"

LKA, please double check your plugins (since at least 3 report incompatible) and disable the HTPC Info plugin (which is throwing errors). Then see if that improves anything.

Last edited:

LKA

Portal Member
    February 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have switched off HPTC Info and PS++. But problem is existing futhermore. Issue with HWInterface I have since set up Win7 several months ago. Problem with MP exists since upgrade.

Thanks in advance and Regards

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I guess now it looks like the issue is related to the repeated "[DEBUG] - Windowmanager: Goto previous window" messages. Not sure what would cause that...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please use the 'MediaPortal Debug-Mode' option from your start menu and try again.

You're testing with Titan Extended & with the FlowGold theme, and still have 3 incompatible plugins show up. Using this option will only use core functionality, so we can figure out if it's related to skin issues (because the FlowGold theme is throwing errors also) or MediaPortal itself.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You say you have the problem with the MP-TVSeries plugin.

Try to play the same video in MyVideos (core plugin).

LKA

Portal Member
    February 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for my late response. After vacation I changed skin back to StreamedMP. No further problems anymore.

Only one thing is open now for me. If I try to play a video (DVD) on a external HDD MP hangs-up. I can use VLC for them file without problem. In past I can't remember me to have such kind of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom