[Bug] MP crashes during recording playback (1 Viewer)

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Win XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD BE-2350e
    HDD: 2x 2,5" WD 512GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: ASUS 690G
    Video Card: ATI X1200
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.6
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro 2000i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.3.1
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake VF7001BNS DH 101
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: 350W Fortron
    Remote: Gyration
    TV: Panasonic TH-37PX80E
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

Hello,

time to time I am facing to MP crashes during playback of TV show recordings. MP crashes irregularry but sympthoms are allways same - black screen, audio in loop and after several seconds MP crashes with error in MSCORWKS.DLL.
    Logs are attached

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I've also seen this from time to time lately but haven't been able to reproduce it on demand and that's why I haven't reported this to the devs nor have I mantised it.

Do you know if the crash follows the same pattern every time? For me I think, (but as I said I haven't been able to repro on demand), if I first watch live-tv on a specific channel and then start to watch a recording this might occure...

Every hint you can get is needed here as I otherwise think it will be hard to track this one down.

//johnzered

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have seen such issue on Windows 7. I haven't yet been able to pinpoint even the use case what causes it (live tv / recordings... both are showing the issue). Pretty huge show stopper issue.

following gives a slight clue what might have happened. It could be possible that TsReader buffers are getting "full" and causing a crash.

23-02-2010 00:24:58.734 [250]Aud/Ref : 431.768, Late Compensated = 136.454 ( -23.862 A/V buffers=01/1837), Clk : 160.316345, State 2

We need to gather more information, especially how to trigger that issue. At least as it happens with XP and Winodows 7 it shouldn't be dshowhelper.dll issue.

- how to trigger the issue?
    - is audio always having some oddities when the crash happens?
    - is it some specific channels where this happens?
    - what does the Windows crash dialog say?
    - if you start / stop some recording (lets say for 50 times) does it trigger the issue?

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I will perform more tests this evening.

Couldn't it be related to AudioDualMono mode ? (yesterday evening I had no crash and before I disabled this mode...)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I will perform more tests this evening.

Couldn't it be related to AudioDualMono mode ? (yesterday evening I had no crash and before I disabled this mode...)

I think I have it disabled (unless it was enabled by default).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Any progress on this?

Well, havent' heard any good ways to reproduce the issue -> not possible to investigate it.

and in case if the update request wasn't directed to me... then it was quite good, as we should figure what triggers the bug and have it fixed.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It has happend once for me since my last post.

I think the pattern was something like this:
    1. wake up pc from hibernate
    2. turn on tv
    3. goto recorded tv and start a recording while tv is still on, and then the second the recording starts playing, boom!

But the problem is I'm never able to reproduce this on demand. Btw I have AudioDualMono turned on.

//johnzered

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The same type of crash is also happening here. I always wake up from standby then I'm watching TV and recording some other show at the same time. Not always but at least once per day MP will crash when watching the recording. The MS crash dialog always refers to MSCORWKS.DLL.

So I cannot reproduce the issue on demand but it happens frequently enough for me to test changes I guess.

I have two logs from the crash. The log from 8th of Mars is when using StreamedMP as skin and al sorts of plug-ins :) The second log from 11th of Mars is when all extra plug-ins are disabled (not IRSS plug-in though as I need the remote) and the skin is Blue3wide. AudioDualMono is not enabled.

I'm happy to help out with the issue in anyway that u think I can.

My profile is up to date with my sustem specs a part from the plug-ins and skin I described above for the different logs.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Happened to me too while watching a recording. Have not been able to reproduce.

This is in the eventlog:
    Naam van toepassing met fout: MediaPortal.exe, versie: 1.0.5.25244, tijdstempel: 0x4b9b72a0
    Naam van module met fout: mscorwks.dll, versie: 2.0.50727.4927, tijdstempel: 0x4a275a68
    Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
    Foutoffset: 0x0001db0a
    Id van proces met fout: 0x%9
    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x%10
    Pad naar toepassing met fout: %11
    Pad naar module met fout: %12
    Rapport-id: %13

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom