MP crashes/freezes after wake from sleep if Radio last used (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    MP crashes or freezes avery time after the wake up from sleep mode if last active module is Radio. In some cases it needs to change 2 stations to make it happen. It happens only if last module is radio!

It is difficult to say when MP crashed and when freezes, the split between crashes / freeze is random I would say. Anyway when MP crashes the MP process disappered, when MP freezes, the MP process is responding, but the MP GUI freezes - it looks like MP forgot to stop the playing and set GUI to the home screen.

It is not possible to save any log, it is probably special situation during which the debug mode does not do log files.

Anyway I tested it again in version MP 1.8.0 wit Sebastian GUI.dll corrected for Pictures freeze tunning and with this version it does not happen.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello
    marttoma said: ↑
    It is not possible to save any log, it is probably special situation during which the debug mode does not do log files.
    You can always export existing log files using the watchdog with option 3 after the crash or freeze happens. Just make sure to set log verbosity to debug before starting:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/00_Configuration/11_General#Log_verbosity
    mm

Hello, due to the TV recording issue I am back on Win 7 Pro x64. I finally find time to record the log for this issue, which I still have in MP 1.8.100 (MP freeze or crash if last radio module was active before the sleep mode). I am sure this issue is not in MP 1.8.0 (on same Win 7 x64). May be it is related to this new advance mode setting in TV.

Log is attached for freeze case. As I mentioned, sometimes just firts radio station is enough to freeze/carsh MP when it went to sleep and then woken up. Sometimes it works fine, but when I change from 1st to 2nd radio station, it happens almost in 100%.

The MP crahs: MP process disappered
    The MP freezes: MP process is stil running, but MP screen looks like bofero MPO went to sleep (FM radio screen), but MP does not react on any command from remote control or keyboard (like normal freeze, just the MP process is still running), there is kust one option how to solve this and this is to kill MP process manually and start MP again

Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello again,

MP crashes or freezes every time after the wake up from sleep mode if last active module was Radio. It happen only if I check ON the option "Single seat setup: force RTSP usage".

upload_2014-9-27_11-16-17.png

The reason I need to check ON the option "Single seat setup: force RTSP usage" is due to improvement of HD video streaming to MediaPortal client (without this option HD video streaming is not smooth, SD video streaming is fine).

My config:
    • Windows 8.1 x64
    • Single Seat configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom