MP crashes Media Portal and Windows 7 (64) when trying to play movie (1 Viewer)

elwood

January 26, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Win 7 64 bit
Media Portal 1.1.2.0
Moving pictures 1.08.1153 and 1.1.2.1219
StreamedMP 1.4.11.2543
FFDshow codecs

Everything has been working like a charm (though I am not sure which version of Moving Pictures was installed). Played DIVX, AVIs, DVD rips and Bluray rips. I don't think anything changed on my computer, but all of a sudden, whenever I select play on anything, the screen freezes right there, I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of Media Portal and have to reboot the computer, since my windows task bar is frozen.

Tried a clean install of Media Portal, tried without StreamedMP, tried 1.08 and 1.1.2 of Moving Pictures - same result. However, all titles play fine in 'Videos', or any other player on the system.

Cannot see anything unusual in the Moving picture log (see below)
And for the life of me....i cannot find the "Data Source Manager Enhanced Debug Mode" setting for the moving picture log.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.......:confused:

thanks

elwood

January 26, 2011
Home Country
Here is the MP debug log, but i cannot find the setting for the moving picture debug log......

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    "Data Source Manager Enhanced Debug Mode"

You only need that to debug scraper scripts, which doesn't seem to be the problem in your case. Switching MediaPortal into debug mode automatically does the same for MovingPictures, so that is all you need to do.

But try to make it easier to see what the cause of the problem is.

You can do this by giving logs on both situations, the working one and the non-working one. So clear your log folder of *all* the files in it, then fire up MediaPortal and play a single file that is causing you the problem in MyVideos where it 'works', play it for a little, make sure it works, and then close MediaPortal. Save *ALL* the log files generated into a ZIP file, and name it "myvideos-works.zip".

Now clear out all the log files again, fire up MediaPortal, but this time play the file in MovingPictures, have it crash/etc, reboot if needed (though you might just want to be patient for Task Manager via CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or use ALT+F4), and then put *ALL* the log files into a ZIP file called "movpic-fails.zip".

Attach both ZIP files to your next reply.

PS: My bet is on the ffdshow codec, you should try the MPC-HC Stand Alone ones.

elwood

January 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks - I will do that.

BTW I did try playing a ripped DVD w/ non-FFDshow codecs in Moving Pictures and it crashes as well. I will do a third set of log files with those settings.

Thanks again

elwood

January 26, 2011
    Home Country
    OK - here are the two log file zips.
    If I enable the moving pictures plugin, the second I try to play video, MPortal will crash - regardless of what codecs, or if i try to play in 'videos' or moving pictures.
    If I disable moving pictures, I can play everything through 'videos' - it does not matter what codec (ffdshow or microsoft) I use.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Attachments

• movingpictures disabled ffdshow.zip
      15.9 KB
    • movingpictures enabled ffdshow.zip
      24.6 KB

Scalar

Portal Member
    February 1, 2009
    AW: MP crashes Media Portal and Windows 7 (64) when trying to play movie

HI elwood,

have u try to set in the advance settings of moving pictures, "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies" to false? u can find the advance settings at the about tab in mp settings.

greets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom