MP crashes while playing music mp3-files with included coverart (1 Viewer)

Garf

January 23, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I´m using MP 0.2.2.0 (WinXP SP2) without any SVNs. It runs great. I hear my mp3-files for some weeks now and had no problems.

My files are organised like this:

folder A
folder Abba
folder Gold
files Abba - gold - 01 - Dancing Queen.mp3
files folder.jpg (Cover of Album)

two weeks ago I started to use MP3TAG to insert the file "folder.jpg" in each mp3 in the folder. So in each mp3 file is the cover of the album included as a tag. I did that on an other computer.

Then I copied the modified mp3-files to my MP-System. I recreated the music database and since this time MP crashes every time I play folders with these mp3-files. Sometimes it takes some songs, sometimes it happens directly.
MP keeps on playing, but the Microsoft Box "An critical error occured. MP has to ...."
comes up and wants to inform MS about that error. When I click any of the buttons from the dialogbox MP stops and disapears fron the screen.

So I took one of the folders and deleted the images from the mps-files. The Problem has gone.

I used MP 0.2.3.0 to test the behaviour... it is the same.

So, is this a bug? If so, I will create a report.

Garf

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2800+
HDD: WD 200 GB
Memory: 386 MB
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X
Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: Realtec AC97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5100
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova SE+
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: none
TV: Sony
TV - HTPC Connection:

Garf

January 23, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Problem seems to be the mp3-files

Hi,

I did some more research about my problem. The error does not occur with every mp3-file with included cover art. It just comes up with specific albums. When I browse to these albums with MP I can´t see the coverart wich is in the files. And there the error occurs. When I can see the coverart there is no problem while playing the files. I analysed the mp3-files but I´m unable to find any difference to other files which work. The coverart has got the same size as others wich work (up to 300x300 pix and up to 60KB Size) and I can see the coverart with f. e. MP3TAG.

Does anyone got an idea what I can do next?

have a nice day

Garf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom