MP Crashes win view anything other than transport streams (1 Viewer)

oldyellow

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5 GHz
HDD: Western Digital 640 GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
Motherboard: Gigbyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Video Card: On Board NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: On Board Realtek ALC889A
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver
1. TV Card: HDHomeRun
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
HTPC Case: hec/COMPUCASE 7K09 RT
Cooling: Stock CPU/Case Fans
Power Supply: 270 Watt (came with case)
Remote: Hauppauge MCE Remote
TV: Toshiba 42AV500U
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have been using MP for the last three weeks and love it. However I have come across a problem. Whenever I try to view a video other than a transport stream (.ts) MP crashes. Several days ago, in installed ffdshow, Hali Media Splitter, QT Lite, Real Alternative, VOBSub, and FLV Splitter in order to be able to view number of file types from within MP (I used a how the "mediaportal codec guide v.2.pdf" found on MP's wiki). It worked fine and I was able to view mp4's, and flv's from within MP.

Starting this morning, whenever I try to view anything other than a transport stream, MP crashes. The only thing I did last night was to transcode a few mpeg2 files to mpeg4 (using command-line ffmpeg). I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the components mentioned above, and still get the crash. I know it's not the files because it is crashing on a file that I was previously able to view, and also crashing on mp4 files in the same directory as a .ts file that works.

If any can offer guidance, I would appreciate it, as I am a bit overwhelmed by the maze of encoders/filters/splitters and what when they are used. The log files I have attached cover my (1) successfully viewing a .ts file, and then (2) trying to view a .mp4 file and with MP crashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom