MP doesn't show my movie folder (2 Viewers)

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
First let me say that although my template says 0.2, I'm using 0.1.3 (reformat issue) Anyway, during installation MP scaned for movie files and folders. after the scan it stated that it found 200 movie folders, but when I start MP it doesn't show a specific drive with the bulk of my movies. I go back in and manullay add the folder, but it still doesn't show. Can anyone help me?

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
I've uninstalled and reinstalled MP but still the same problem.

Does anyone havae a solution to this problem?

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Man, why doesn't anyone address this issue. I did a search and everyone whom posted this problem got absolutley no help; what's going on :?:

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
It is hard to say exactly what the problem is. What type of movie files are you trying to add? Are the extensions they end with present in the extension list for movies? Are you trying to use database view or shares view to navigate through your videos? If you add a folder with videos in it to the folder list in the Movies section and set My Videos to work in Share view/mode then you should be able to navigate around like in explorer through the folder heirachy.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

afaik the problem is, that MP can only handle 20 shares. If you do a scan with 200 found folders you get a problem. You should delete all shares and only manually add your root folder as share.

Flip.

johnson636

Portal Member
    February 3, 2006
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

afaik the problem is, that MP can only handle 20 shares. If you do a scan with 200 found folders you get a problem. You should delete all shares and only manually add your root folder as share.

Flip.

Now that sounds like this may work because you stated exactly what MP does; It scans and find over 250 folders on three different drives, but only gives me the option to choose from 20 of the 250 found movies.

I'll give this a try. Thanx guys for your time :D

** Just tried flips suggestion and that indeed solved my problem :D
    Just don't know why this issue was looked over so many times.

Anyway, I'm happy now :D

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    johnson636 said:
    mzemina said:
    Maybe this should be added to the FAQ?

I second that :wink:

I was going to add this to the Video section of the FAQ, but there was so much Dutch I was confused as to what to do next. I read hte Documentations Writer's Guide - but when I got to the edit page that is when I saw too much Dutch and was confused and thought it better that I back out and not make a mistake.

johnson636

Portal Member
    February 3, 2006
    At least you tried :wink: This really should be in the FAQ? due to the fact that there are and were many who don't realize that MP only handles 20 share folders and if there are more than 20 share folders in a root folder, then one should add the root folder as a share instead of individual movie folders as shares

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom