MP Freeze with "Error in the Application - Exception in Microsoft Direct3D" (1 Viewer)

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
TV-Server Version: none
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1
MediaPortal SVN Version: none
MediaPortal Skin: blue two
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 SP 2
CPU Type: Intel P4 - 3GHz
HDD: 2x 160GB IDE, 2x300GB SATA
Memory: 2y512MB
Motherboard: ASUS P5P800
Motherboard Chipset: Intel
Motherboard Bios: latest
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9250
Video Card Driver: ATI 8.252
Sound Card: ASUS integrated (Analog Devices)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: AD 5.12.1.5242
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500 (23xxx-Tuner 1)
1. TV Card Type: analogue
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 500 (23xxx-Tuner 2)
2. TV Card Type: analogue
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
MPEG2 Video Codec: mp - mpv + ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: mp - mpa
Satelite/CableTV Provider: UPC Austria
Remote: hp iPAQ 3715rx - emulates Microsoft MCE via Nevo Software
TV: 32" Philips CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite/S-Video

First of all i really like to thank áll dev´s for this great app and the time they all spent on it to become working.
as i also want to offer my help i have to say that there has absolutely NO FEEDBACK at all to my problem, which i´ve stated in the QA section of 0220&svn section! don´t worry, the logs i have on my system now show exactly the same error like the attached, just the accurate date/time ;-)
I truly understand that it is not the time to handle all (and of course the incomplete) posts, but this problem with "error in the app..." is totally unclear to me, probably one knows that it is "...of course a problem with your graphics card..." or something, and i´ll be buying any other (which?). but it is the second of it´s kind and it has been working in early mp releases until 0210 with early svn very good...

To the accurate problem: I deinstalled 0220 and deleted the mp folder manually because it hasn´t been removed by deinstallation.
after installed 0230RC1 some smaller probs (navigation, etc.) seem to be fixed, but not my main problem as stated here again:

Issue: Starting mp and entering "My TV". With started TV Overlay in every Screen, when live TV is iconized (example here: in tv guide) after some seconds the screen freezes. This problem does NOT show when in MyTV only. Just with the small "iconized" TV the problem is always reproducable.

Notes: When immediately hitting "ESC" i come out of the tv menues and the screen goes black and sound appears. Hitting "B" to stop TV showing works then.

The error msg in error.log is always showing an unhandled exception error in Application Microsoft Direct3D.

But: when i´m waiting too long, the system becomes totally unresponsible, so neither alt-f4 nor b nor crtl-alt-del helps out of that, and i´ve to hit resetbutton on the machine.
Error log entries are only showing the error in M$3D....

----------------------
thanks, LX.

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
ok guys,
thanks for your work, i really stated that a plenty of times.
since there has been absolutely NO response (you even could answer that i´m too blind to see what my problem is or that i´m too stupid to understand what a problem is) i discontinue anything about posting or trying troubleshooting MP.
obviously i did anything that disturbed here.
i wish you the best.
LX.
@infinitylopp: please close all my postings

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    ehhh, i dunno what your problem is (have looked @ your logs but didn't find any cause). It could be related to your graphic card that it it's not powerful enough, you could try to disable animations to see if it helps.
    Since the post it's in bug thread & not support, I usually try to confirm the bugs, if i can't i go to next etc......

Regards
    Roy

phertiker

Portal Member
    June 29, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    well, the OP seems a little grumpy but I'm having the same problem, different way of getting there. i'll probably just start my own support thread and post my logs there, but in a nutshell i fire up TV, tune to the HD PBS channel here in northern Minnesota and it freezes after a few seconds. i can then see the "Mediaportal.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error, Dr Watson is running in the background, etc.

I also have the Direct3d exceptions in my error.log. The really weird bit is that it happens 80% of the time, but occasionally I'll fire up MP after a reboot or something and will have zero problems. I can tune any channel like a zillion times. But eventually it will fail with the above situation.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy that I finally bought a tuner and set all this nonsense up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom