MP freezes after clean install MP with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello there,

Last week a problem ocurred when playing avi-files in MP. When starting MP in Debug-mode the problem doesn't occur. So i did a clean install with no plugins/extensions. Everything works, the avi-files are playable. After installing moving pictures tested it again and mediaportal freezes. The only plugin i installed is Moving pictures. The strange thing is that i'm using the default video section to play the movies, not moving pictures (the avi's are tv-series). MKV and other files works fine

Anyone an idea? Sorry for my English, not my native language.

Thanks in advance

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey, thanks for the attention.

Forgot to mention that i think it has to do with configuring moving pictures. After install i go to mediaportal configuration/plugins and choose movingpictures configure. When i'm done configuring i want to close moving pictures, but it freezes. Have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit.

When i start mediaportal i see that the plugin is installed and configured, but when I want to watch movies mediaportal freezes. I thought only AVI's caused the problem, but now i see all movies causes the freeze.

So i deinstalled moving pictures, everything works fine.

I did a clean install of Win XP sp3, with saf 5.0 and MP 1.1.3

See attachment for the logs. Thanks in advance

edit:
    Just did a test en i think what causes the problem why the config freezes. It happens when I add moviefolders that are on an external hdd (1,5 TB).

edit:
    The External HDD is definately the problem. But the strang thinge is that watching movies from my videos works, while moving pictures freezes mepo

coen99

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Hey, thanks for the attention.

Forgot to mention that i think it has to do with configuring moving pictures. After install i go to mediaportal configuration/plugins and choose movingpictures configure. When i'm done configuring i want to close moving pictures, but it freezes. Have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit.

When i start mediaportal i see that the plugin is installed and configured, but when I want to watch movies mediaportal freezes. I thought only AVI's caused the problem, but now i see all movies causes the freeze.

So i deinstalled moving pictures, everything works fine.

I did a clean install of Win XP sp3, with saf 5.0 and MP 1.1.3

See attachment for the logs. Thanks in advance

edit:
    Just did a test en i think what causes the problem why the config freezes. It happens when I add moviefolders that are on an external hdd (1,5 TB).

edit:
    The External HDD is definately the problem. But the strang thinge is that watching movies from my videos works, while moving pictures freezes mepo

I have the same issue.
    Never had any problems as suddenly Medaportal starts to freeze when I try to start a movie (any movie).
    I had (mediaportal resp. moving pictures) 1.1.3 with 1.15 and now I have 1.2.1 and 1.2.3, same issue.
    When I have just installed MovingP there is now problem, the problems occurs when I have scanned the folders and then try to start a movie.
    Also tried removing codecs (packs) but everything works until MovingP is installed and scanned the files.

BTW: my system is :
    Windows 7 64bit SP1
    Had shark 007 codec pack, now only have ffdshow, haali mediasplitter, QTlite.

=========================================================================
    UPDATE:
    FOUND it: it's the "automatically retrieve media info" ..... of course.
    Just turned it off.
    I can live with that ;-)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    UPDATE:
    Just turned it off.
    I can live with that ;-)

Download MediaInfo DLL 32-bit standalone without installer (Yes, you need 32-bit, even on a 64-bit OS, because MediaPortal is 32-bit)

Unzip the file, and use the MediaInfo.DLL inside of it to overwrite the version that resides in your MediaPortal program root folder (where you can find mediaportal.exe as well).

coen99

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    UPDATE:
    Just turned it off.
    I can live with that ;-)

Download MediaInfo DLL 32-bit standalone without installer (Yes, you need 32-bit, even on a 64-bit OS, because MediaPortal is 32-bit)

Unzip the file, and use the MediaInfo.DLL inside of it to overwrite the version that resides in your MediaPortal program root folder (where you can find mediaportal.exe as well).

Thnx, tried it, sorry no change. Mediaportal still freezes when I try to play a movie file.
    No worries I'm very happy with MP and MovingP and don't need this mediainfo stuff.

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem was solved for some period. Don't know what caused it, Thougt my HD was too big, so i partioned it. But since yesterday the problem is back. And it's the same as Coen99 says. When movies are checked for media info, the plugin freezes and have to use ctrl-shit-Del to end the task. In MP movies no longer plays. They play again as soon as i disable moving pictures. Replacing mediainfo.dll didn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom