TV-Server Version: 1.01
MediaPortal Version: 1.01
MediaPortal Skin: standard
Windows Version: XP Home SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+
HDD: Samsung 250 and 320 GB SATA
Memory: 2x1 GB DDR2 PC800
Motherboard: ECS ELITEGROUP GeForce8200A
Video Card: 512MB HD4650 Club3D Passiv Heatpipe
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.1
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: Elitegroup
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PCI DVB-T/S/Analog Hauppauge HVR-3000
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T/-S/analog + FM
1. TV Card Driver: WHQL XP+Vista(32/64) (88x_2_122_26109_WHQL
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MVP
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: fddshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Sylverstone LC03 Black
Cooling: amd boxed cooler
Power Supply: be quiet! 400W Straight Power E6 80+
TV: Philips 37PFL7403D/10
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI
In addition i use:
HAMA Wireless Mediacenter Keyboard
Sanyo PLV-Z3 (Beamer/LCD) connected via DVI to HDMI
LG BluRay ROM GGC H20L
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise edition
I get my videos, pictures and MP3s from SMB shares of a network storage (Linksys NSLU2) with a 1 TB and a 500 GB drive connected via USB.
I like MediaPortal but I try to configure an error free runnig system now since 6 months. I solved various problems e.g. by updating the release of MP (juddering video), by changing the keyboard (jumping playback in timeshift mode), by changing the database to MySQL (user 'sa' couldn't log in to SQL-server)....
But now I am almost throwing my HTPC out of the window.
When I start MP and control it using the Hauppauge remote control (RC) MP kind of hangs. Less than half a second in the beginning. The longer I run MP the longer it takes for the controls (keyboard as well as RC) to control MP. Sometimes it takes more than 40 seconds till MP responds. Then only for 1 or 2 seconds I am able to give commands.
But thats only one symptom. The severe problem is, that if MP plays MP3 files it hangs as well in intervals (you can see that the clock stops counting during replay and jumps to the next time after the hanger. Finally after 4 to 10 songs MP hangs completely. I cannot control it anymore. The replay of music continues or stops - depends on the mood of my MP
The log files produce 1 tv-server-error.log with 0 Bytes which is empty.
What I tried so far - but error persists:
1. change from SQL-server to MySQL (stopped the above mentioned problem with user 'sa' who couldn't connect to the database)
2. complete reinstallation of versions 1.0 (few times) and 22.214.171.124 (last install)
3. tried another keyboard than the HAMA mentioned above
4. stopped automatic update of database
5. increased priority level of TV-service
6. increased time MP waits before start
7. tried another network adaptor card
8. changed PCI-slot of TV-card
9. Built in a second SATA drive
10. installed an additional fan which cools TV-card and graphics adaptor
and different other options.
Last information: Only MP freezes. I can terminate MP via the Windows Task Manager.
I can play MP3-files using MediaMonkey for example or WinAmp without any problems.
I am absolutely frustrated. Could it be a problem of XP-Home which I am using? I know it worked before with RC before 1.0. But since that time I changed BluRay-drive, mainboard, RAM and graphics adaptor
I like MP very much thus I have still hope I can fix the problem. Do you have any ideas or similar experiences?
Thanks in advance