MP hangs trying to play video with MovingPictures enabled (1 Viewer)

tomoqv

Portal Pro
June 28, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have searched through the forums several times to see if anyone else is experiencing this annoying issue, but I can't find anything that seems related, so I am posting a new thread.

When the MovingPictures plugin is enabled in MP, I can't play back a video that otherwise works fine. The issue is not confined to playback from within the plugin itself, playback fails and MP hangs also in the Movies section when MovingPictures is enabled. If I disable the plugin I can play the video without issues. I have had this issue on a previous system too, so it doesn't appear to be system related. I have had a few different MP versions on my current system, ASRock ION 330, so I decided to do a clean install with the 1.1.0 RC yesterday and stick to the Blue3wide skin included, to minimize the error sources. Unfortunately the issue appears exactly as in previous attempts with MovingPictures 1.0 beta and later. MP stops responding whenever I attempt to play a video and I have to manually terminate the program from the task manager. Going back to 0.7.5 seems to be the only working solution for me, but I'd certainly miss the possibility of having movie info in Swedish and other improvements.

I include the log files, but I am not sure they are able to record everything as MP stops responding. Any ideas what to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom