[confirm] MP hangs when waking from stand by (2 Viewers)

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Win7 Ultimate 64
    CPU Type: AMD BE-2350e
    HDD: 2x 2,5" WD 512GB
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
    Motherboard: ASUS M2A VM (AMD 690G)
    Video Card: NV Geforce 220GT
    Video Card Driver: 186.34
    Sound Card: integrated
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro 2000i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MS codec
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS codec
    h.264 Video Codec: MS codec
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake VF7001BNS DH 101
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: 350W Fortron
    Remote: Gyration
    TV: Panasonic TH-37PX80E
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

Hello,

time to time MP hangs when waking from stand by. There is just black screen, MP doesn't react on any action. It is necessary to suspend it via task manager and then restart windows as if MP is just started again it hangs during initialization of input devices.
    The same problem occured in RC1 but not in 1.0.2...
    I attached logs - the first one is collected after waking from stand by, when MP hangs, the second is collected after new start of MP, when it hangs during /after initialization of input devices.

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Sounds like GPU card driver issue. Try a 182.x version.

186.34 is the oldest driver belonging to my GK. And, well, after the problems with stuttering and frames dropping, which this driver solved, I am not very open to change the driver :) (anyway the problem occured even if I used the latest drivers in RC1)

Motionaddict

Portal Member
    January 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have had the same problem and there are others with the same issue as well

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...uses-mp-hang-up-after-resuming-standby-78987/

Nevertheless it has not happened to me in a few days now after changing my EPG grabbing settings (disabling the EPG CRC check, preventing stand-by while epg-grabbing, disabling the fill-holes tab etc...). I'm not sure yet if this was really related or just coincidence, but I noted that the logs had some weird EPG-grabbing errors at times I didn't watch tv but after which the tv did not start again. I also noted that the TVconfig is not responding in those cases as if some process was reserving TVService and not releasing it until the system is booted.
    But as said, I don't know if the EPG grabbing really has anything to do with the issue, but at least for a couple of days I haven't had this problem.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Next time this happens could you try and bring up task manager and see if MP is responding.
    Then end task on mediaportal.exe; does your machine go straight back into standby? Do you have an iMon VFD installed?

Motionaddict

Portal Member
    January 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Next time this happens could you try and bring up task manager and see if MP is responding.
    Then end task on mediaportal.exe; does your machine go straight back into standby? Do you have an iMon VFD installed?

In my case MediaPortal is not responding in the task manager. If I kill it in the task manager and open MediaPortal again without rebooting, MP will be totally functional (movies, recorded tv, music) until I try to watch live tv, then it hangs again. I don't get a black screen, it just hangs in the state it is, normally the program guide from which I have chosen which channel to zap to. No IMon installed on my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom