MP HTPC+Wife/Girlfriend=Special Attention (1 Viewer)

M

mjmapi

Guys,

Just a simple observation on my side, please holla if you agree?

Wife always complains when I'm sitting in front of the HTPC, fixing or perfecting it but she cannot stand it if its not working like a junky that cannot get her series fix, and yes any HTPC upgrades/purchases are easily approved.

So a good working MP HTPC setup keeps wife happy,which means Happy MP HTPC setup = well satisfied man? :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mine thinks MP is a complete waste of time, until I force her to use the SkyHD+ box and then she moans at all the adverts which she does not get with MP ;)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I agree...right before our vacation, my HTPC motherboard died (el cheapo Asus on for 4 yrs 24x7). It was not a huge issue before vacation because we were packing and planning and working. She didnt want me to order the materials until after vacation (not bloody likely) so I ordered them and they arrived day before leaving.

When we got back, it took about 3 days straight to install new hardware and new os (new to win7) and make all my personalization, migrate code and permissions etc. This was taking too long...she kept asking when she can start recording her stories and watching TV...lol. See, our TV is so old that it does not have an ATSC tuner, only NTSC which is no longer broadcast. That and we dont have a DVD player, our HTPC is our DVD player so no movies either. She was getting antsy. Then I told her MePo was up but the remote was not configured...she still didnt use it, not until the remote worked as expected.

Then I had setup issues with ComSkip...boy we really hate commercials and she wondered why we have to watch them again..

Then I encountered the stutter and tear issue...usually that really just bugs me...but she commented on it every time! It was unacceptable to her...lol.

You never realize what you have until it is lost...

Solas

M

mjmapi

Just receive my new 1TB drive, way approved Tuesday, motivation?, well the good old not enough space to record or load new series did the trick.

Wish everything else was this easy, now how do i get her to bite the PS3 proposition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom