MP IR emitter output for home automation (1 Viewer)

dj_taus

Portal Member
May 27, 2008
Hi!

I've searched everywhere for an answer to this, but without luck.

There are countles threads related to the MP IR input, but I'm looking for a way to make a MP IR output.
For example when you're planning on wathcing a movie, you'd normally
  1. Turn on TV
  2. Set TV input-HDMI
  3. Turn on Receiver
  4. Set receiver input- Optical input
  5. turn on subwoofer
  6. Dimm lights
  7. Turn off satbox
  8. etc.
turn on tv

This can be quite a hazzle - especially when directing the wify over the phone...
One solution is a macro-enabled universal remote, but for home automation and multiple rooms, you would need a wi-fi version, which will quickly empty both your wallet and patience. I've set up the Pronto TSU9600 before with great results, but the price range is 1000-2000$ with only a single extender. Furthermore the installation is tricky.

I've also fiddled with the LinuxMCE, which is absolutely brilliant for this. It will detect the type of media being played and adjust your sound system accordingly - together with lightning/phone/alarm. The problem is that it is Linux and you'll quickly find yourself craving for the MP interface, looks, simplicity and stability - oh year and available drivers:(.

There are a lot of USB/IR; WLAN/IR; LAN/IR emitters out there like IRTrans nad BitWise. The only obsticle is the interface.
I think this would be a HUGE improvement for MP to integrate an output signal when a defined command is run. Especially with the genius iPIMP and Yatse application it would be possible to replace all your remotes with an iPad or a smartphone.

Any ideas?

dj_taus

Portal Member
May 27, 2008
Thank you for the reply. arsenal333's project is very impressive, but what it does is redirecting commands from the user remote. I was hoping it would be possible to issue commands based on an MP output from actions like play music, watch video, watch tv. Together with iPimp, This could eliminate the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom