MP lockup on tuning a weak signal (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 640GB WD SATA
Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB3
Video Card: HD3300 IGP
Video Card Driver: 10.10
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC662)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6194
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshowDXVA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, Stock CPU HSF
Power Supply: OCZ StealthStream 400W
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I'd rebooted as my remote wasn't working, and then I was flicking through some channels. I got to one where the signal wasn't very good and the picture was breaking up and called up the mini-guide to change channel but then MP just locked up and stopped responding. I tried the keyboard in case it was just the remote, but that didn't work so I had to kill MP with the taskmanager.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there doveman

Is it just me, or are you plagued with weak signal issues ;)
    If I'm right then you already know where the issues are and what we need to be able to do anything about this...

[Edit: for anyone else that is reading, the issues are in TsReader/TsWriter, and we need a full TS dump of the transponder you were tuned to leading up to the crash]

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I am, as you say, plagued with weak signal issues.

I thought these just caused the Server component to crash/stop though and didn't think they should cause the MP GUI to completely lock up or crash. In the past when I've tried to tune to a channel with weak signal, the Server might stop and MP would say something like "Connection lost to Server".

I've recently implemented the Loopback adapter, so I don't know if that's causing additional problems. I've also set the TVservice to automatically re-start if it stops.

Yesterday MP crashed whilst it was sitting on the EPG, although I had some scheduled recordings so perhaps one of them triggered the crash. Logs attached from that.

Just now (about 12:24) I was watching a channel which had no signal problems and the picture froze, sound stopped and MP completely locked up and I had to hard reboot my PC. Logs attached from that as well.

I'd be happy to provide a full TS dump but I've asked before and no-one's come back and told me how I'm supposed to do this. Perhaps you could help me out.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd be happy to provide a full TS dump but I've asked before and no-one's come back and told me how I'm supposed to do this. Perhaps you could help me out.

I'll certainly take a look at the logs and see what I can see. Instructions on the Wiki seem to be out of date (got to remember to update them!) so take a look here. If you manage to grab a TS dump then make sure you PM me or Tourettes. This is an issue we would love to solve if we can...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I managed to get a rawdump off a channel that crashed TVService today.

What was happening initially was that I was watching a channel that was fine with no breakups, but then a Scheduled Recording started on another channel which wasn't fine, and this was causing TVService to stop, because the channel I was watching would suddenly freeze.

Anyway, after a few failed attempts, I tried to start watching the dodgy channel (ITV3) and after a while MP said it was unable to play the .ts, so it never started to show a picture or anything, but it did create the rawdump.ts I wanted. I checked and TVService had also stopped, so hopefully the file will help you in your attempts to diagnose the problem.

I've uploaded the files to the FTP server. They're named UK_ITV_562000_DVB-T_ITV3_FTA.ts/.txt

Logs attached as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom