MP merchandise (1 Viewer)

madsrh

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If I want to make or sell MediaPortal merchandise (like caps, streamers, t-shirts, ect.) what are the rules/law? Can I use the MP logo or is it somehow a copyright protected design?
If anyone know or just want to comment, I'm looking forward to your reply.

MadsRH

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
don't forget to drop a small fee in the bin for the copyright holder ;)

edit: each and every piece of artwork from the mediaportal project is copyrighted so your best bet is to get in touch (confidentially) with someone from the design team.

madsrh

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hmmm

selling for mp or for yourself ? in other words who keeps the money?

Didn't really think of that! I don't think there will be sold that much and that was never the plan. I will defiantly donate money to the MP team, don't know how or how much.
At first I though, of course I want my share of the profits for setting up the shop, making designs and so on. But then I though about all the MP people working their ass's off for free and then it seems obvious to donate all the money to helping the MediaPortal team.

Do you guys think anyone would want to buy anything at all? If so, it's kind of a nice way to donate money to MP.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think I remembered there was some kind of webshop with a concept to facilitate this kind of idea.
Someone'd have to upload some graphics and then they would sell Coffee mugs, t-shirts etc. with that logo. Profits split between them and "someone" (who can redistribute at wish). Might be the best way, since maintaining a shop might be the harder part for a volunteer driven project like this.
[edit]After clicking Ralph's link: Cafepress. How do I love my lack in originality.

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
spreadshirt.net is an alternative to cafepress.com
reasonable fees and international shipping through local offices

I for one won't buy any merchandise, there was a poll rolling on main page a few months(?) ago and the end results suggested that it was not a viable idea: only a few persons were willing to buy branded items.

madsrh

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Okay thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try starting a webshop (found a really good one) and make som designs, when I have the time. And thanks to Ralph for the link, didn't know there already was a post on this topic.

MadsRH

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Madsrh,

any news to this?
    Please keep us informed.
    Do you need any help?

Regards
    Ralph

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Merchandise

Hi Ralph
    Yes, some news and yes I could use some help ;)

Right now I'm looking at prices for domed stickers and will be using graphics from the shop (more on that below).

I'm setting up a store at www.spreadshirt.net (Here is an example from the Opera.com), but I could use some graphics help!!

Can people upload their files to this post or do we need to set up an upload site?
    Perhaps I should gather a small team to look through and standardize the submitted material (if any!!!).
    I think we should focus on vector based graphics, since it makes it possible too use the graphics with more products. Please read more on how too submit a print before you upload!

MadsRH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom