MP minimum spec' / MediaMVP compatability. (1 Viewer)

itxweather

November 25, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Could anyone advise what the recommended minimum specification is for running MediaPortal?. Tried and failed dismally to get an alternative to MediaPortal to work although would still like to get this software running. Anyway, tried MediaPortal with my Nebula DigiTV USB in the early hours of this morning and was pleased to find that it worked straight away without the need to manually edit ini files and so on. Really nice GUI IMHO. What I'd like to ask also is whether or not MediaPortal is compatible with a Hauppauge Media MVP as I don't want to hook up my PC directly to my TV but via wired or wireless networked Media MVP.

The download that I'd tried in the early hours of this morning whilst seems to be extremely user-friendly playback of live TV wasn't smooth. Is this because I'm using a VIA EPIA 1GHz Nehemia CPU as opposed to a more powerful desktop PC?.

Thank you.
Kind Regards.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    playing HD 700 MB xvids
    playing music
    recoreding Tv with HARDWARE mpeg encoder
    whatch DVD's

Celeron 900 and 384 MB Ram is the ABSOLUTE minimum in combo with a DX9 videocard like GF 5200 FX

neognat

Portal Member
    August 22, 2006
    I tried a Media MVP that's now sitting on a shelf. I liked it, but wanted to go the PC route and I really like MP. Anyway, you asked about compatibility. I think the Media MVP box can play many of the file formats that MP does. That would be about as far as it goes, though. Media MVP is it's own environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom